Author Topic: Need Help Using Mods (general newbie help, please)  (Read 625 times)

loyalty4life

Need Help Using Mods (general newbie help, please)
« on: January 16, 2009, 05:53:54 PM »
I just got BC off eBay brand new for $30... :D

I installed it and tried a few mods like Kobayashi Maru and BC SuperMod 3. I need some assistance please being totally new to this and the various mods.

So far the place that has the most mods is filefront.com. Is there a better place to find/download them?

How do I know which mods won't work with each other? I think it was BC SuperMod 3 that used a batch file and erased a few folders on the hard drive so it would work.

And finally, what mods do you recommend? It's hard to find the best ones from the mediocre/bad ones.

Thanks for your help very much!

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Re: Most Recommended Mods? (new person here)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2009, 06:38:11 PM »
And finally, what mods do you recommend?

I highly recommend mods produced by:

DJ Curtis
WileyCoyote
MarkyD

I'd suggest more, but my brain is hickuping... can't think. x_x;

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2009, 08:23:05 PM »
GET , BCUT 1.2, good tool to have in your toolbox. :D
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

loyalty4life

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2009, 11:54:18 PM »
Hello... I don't understand a few things.

How do I actually get this mods to work? Where do I activate and use them? I installed DS9FX from a fresh install. I can't find where to use it. (??) Should I have also installed something else to use it? I followed the instructions. I've read about mutators and things in other places. Do I need that?

I hope some will take pity on me and help me learn how to use mods that I'd like to use. Thanks for your help!

Offline KrrKs

• Cookies: 25
Re: Need Help Using Mods (general newbie help, please)
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2009, 07:53:00 AM »
How do I actually get this mods to work?
Where do I activate and use them?
I've read about mutators and things in other places. Do I need that?

At first (if you didn't do so already) install the official 1.1 Patch and then the actual mods.
Some mods (like KM/ BCSupermod and i think DS9FX) include already things like Foundation
which you should DL(newest version is included in BCUT 1.2)  if you don't use the above mentioned. If you use the above ones, only use one per install as they are incompatible (aside KM 1.0 includes DS9FX).

Second (and third as they are the same): Yes you need Mutators. those "activate" most mods after the installation. I think there is a stickys thread somewhere here about those.

Recommendet Mods, hmm. I personally use KM as Backbone of my install, as the included mods are altered for max Compatibility (spelling??)
If you want to Play the Singleplayer Campaing I would suggest to use BCSupermod as it was intended for this.

loyalty4life

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2009, 01:16:00 AM »
With DS9FX, for example, how do I actually get to it in the game? From single player mode? Quick battle? I'm not sure how to actually use it. :P

What specific mutators and/or settings need to be activated? Or do I need other mods for this to work? Thanks.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2009, 01:52:54 AM »
in order to use most mods, you should set your graphical settings to the max, most modders neglect the models necessary for the files to work at the lower settings,  as far as mutators, you should enable all of them.  DS9 can eb found by warping to the DS9 set in Quickbattle.