Author Topic: Smitherine Productions Works in Progress!  (Read 81612 times)

startrekw_george

Re: Smitherine Productions Works in Progress!
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2007, 01:09:57 AM »
o ya, that is a good point...

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2007, 02:48:43 AM »
Ooops! My bad  :oops: I got you confused with Phaser and his TOS pack. Sorry about that. Too many long hours at work must be getting to me.

Anyhow, The Hawkeye Sovvies are coming along very nicely.

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2007, 06:15:03 AM »
LOL, I kept trying to reply Moed, but my connection hates me LOL.  Yes you did get me quite confused :P  it's all good though.  :)

EDIT:  More work on the saucer...I've included a couple of  escape pod areas on the saucer, it's really starting to look like the Sovereign Class of FC :).  At least the top saucer anyways.  I plan on editing more of the impulse engines later today with my free time :D but for now here ye go!

DOUBLE EDIT:  Oops, I forgot to mention, i'm cutting and pasting the lifeboats from CG's 1.0 mainly because I wanna hurry up with this one, BUT I plan on editing them to make them look right from First Contact.  The rest of it is being built from scratch.  Including the Impulse Engines (which I haven't even figured out how I'm going to go about doing that...IF CG or CR has any suggestions...hell if anyone has suggestions PLEASE post them :) )
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

admiral homer

« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2007, 11:21:57 AM »
Looking nice there and its about time someone did a decent fc sov model dont get me wrong i love the nemesis refit and cgs 1.0 but we never had a fc version and from the looks of it so far its freaking awsome. Nice work!!

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2007, 03:18:24 PM »
Well it was a decent FC Model to begin with (this is CG's first Sovereign, his Prototype to the 1.0), I'm just retexturing it :D.  The first version is on BC Files.  Look for "Hawkeye Sovereign Pack 1.0) in the ships section :)
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2007, 08:27:33 AM »
First Successful Alpha Channel (at least...a little bit of it LOL)

Rog W.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2007, 08:28:27 AM »
So far looking good, as for impulse engines, I would use pattern from CG sov but only change color to hot red, just like in my post nem sovereign v2, I think it is good enough color I took it from DVD caps so It should be accurate

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2007, 11:04:47 AM »
LOL Now if only I knew how to go about doing that.  Truth  be told I'm using the original Hawkeye Sovereign textures as a basis.  I'm not entirely sure how to go about getting that glow effect with it, but I'm going to do some experimenting tonight before i go to work :)

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2007, 12:26:30 PM »
This is a good ship, comparable to CG's Sovereign.  My only complaint was that the blue warp grills were too bright.  For me, I can always change it.

Hmm, need anyone to create ship registries?
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

startrekw_george

« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2007, 12:36:55 PM »
ya, they are a little bright...

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2007, 04:43:42 PM »
No thanks on the registries, I've gotten the hang of it ;).  As far as the nacelle grilles...I'll change that soon...just not today :)

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #111 on: August 14, 2007, 09:55:44 AM »
UPDATE:  Hope you likes the neck, it's finished until I get some winder's in'ere (Southern com'n out of me :D)

EDIT:  Oops, um, it's not finished I still need to add two or more things to it :) THEN it'll be finished LOL.  at least without the windows anyways, which I've already started working on since i posted this post today :)

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #112 on: August 15, 2007, 11:40:20 AM »
Heyo Folks, Just a little update :) I've finished the neck details for now, that includes the windows, and I'm working on the bottom part of the second hull.  So far so good, if I weren't on my mom's computer I'd post a couple screenies LOL.  The only thing I don't like is the curved escape pod area on the secondary hull, It's bugging me because it's slightly stretched I'm not sure how I should go about getting this looking right, but again I'm working on experimentations only untill I get the hang of texturing myself :).  Hope you all are enjoying what little progress I'm making on this one LOL.  I haven't had much time to do more lately due to work and sleep, and eating, and school and what nots :D

bsilver2988

« Reply #113 on: August 15, 2007, 12:55:39 PM »
those are all important things man.  You dont need to apologize for having a life.  We're patient.  It may not appear that way at times but we are.  Keep your life going, take your time and do it right.  The last thing we want is a rush job.

Offline Chronocidal Guy

• Cookies: 296
  • Obsessive detailing is just what I do.
« Reply #114 on: August 15, 2007, 01:47:32 PM »
Ick.. I've never been happy with was that lower strip of escape pods.  They wrap around the hull at such an odd angle, they're almost impossible to texture without some nasty stretching.  The big problem is making them appear flat from a side view.

I think the main problem with them is that the hull isn't quite the right shape in that area.  It probably is too narrow, so widening it a bit might help..  but then you stretch the other parts.  I'm hoping to finally fix that on the 2.0, I've just had too many other projects to even start retexturing that one. :?

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #115 on: August 15, 2007, 04:38:11 PM »
It's alright CG, although I'm not extremely experienced in modeling, I'm only a beginner unfortunately, I hope to at least play with the backup max file I made so that I can learn the tricks of the trade :)

As far as the escape pods are concerned, I think I might try a different approach.  I've borrowed them from the 1.0 mainly because I'm not sure how to go about doing the red outlines, or the lettering, which I can barely read, but it says something along the lines of "Hi There, You must be (insert something here)" LOL nice little touch there I gotta say with the "inside joke" :).  Kinda like the Vivace with the "if you can read this" bumper sticker :D

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2007, 07:04:59 AM »
Here I am with more photos of work LOL you can see I still need to work a bit with those escape pods, but I think I'll get it ;)

And the neck of the Secondary hull is finished officially :)

Official Edit of the Hawkeye Sovereign Pack 2.0...:

CG's Nacelle grille texture resized and proportioned like the Hawkeye's looks...EXCELLENT!

Offline Technerd89

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #117 on: August 16, 2007, 02:17:51 PM »
lol i hate that texture in the window above the shuttle may in pics 2 and 3. other than that great job, im glad i was able to convert the model for you

Offline Chronocidal Guy

• Cookies: 296
  • Obsessive detailing is just what I do.
« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2007, 02:43:33 AM »
That window does look a little too bright of a blue, but progress is looking good. :D

Btw, for the impulse grilles... the way I remember doing it, I made a bunch of slightly glowy bright reddish strips on a darker reddish background, then shifted two sections from the middle about 30%-50% offline from the rest of the pattern.  For the CG 1.0 I just used the originals, and piled on filters until they looked like Insurrection. :p

Offline eclipse74569

• Webmaster
« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2007, 10:21:09 AM »
I was considering toning it down a bit in the alpha channel...might even make it a purplish grey color too.  I think it looks like that in FC  (the whole purplish grey thing).

As far as the impulse engines are going, Right now I'm using the 1.0's until I can figure out how to go about doing what CG just said.  I'm personally thinking that I might just use the square marquee tool in Photoshop for several of those strips, put in an inner and outer glow and then segment the two sections like CG Suggested :).  Go back and rotate them until they fit onto the original texture then polylasso the texture, invert, delete the unwantedness and there we go :).

As far as the model is concerned, i haven't touched it yet.  I'm glad I made about 20 backups though LOL I like being too careful at times :D experimentation is good mmm'kay

EDIT:  I've updated the bridge texture, I hope this is better, I sure think it is :)