Author Topic: what i need is a little brainpower...  (Read 555 times)

Offline Cmdr. Madden

• Cookies: 0
  • does it look like i need my leg pulled?
what i need is a little brainpower...
« on: December 28, 2008, 07:36:19 PM »
Is it feasible for a ship, going at full impulse, to be traveling at 149,750 k/s (that's almost 1/2 the speed of light)

also, i was wondering what the appropriate crew compliment would be for a ship that's 835 m long, having a beam of  235.7 m at the saucer (if that in itself is even something of a reality) and being 35 decks high (each deck is 3 m tall, for a full height of 105 m) and how many escape pod should a ship have, along with the number of people each pod would carry.

thanks

does this thing ever get old? seriously.... i've been here for ever and nothing new happened. this must be purgatory

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: what i need is a little brainpower...
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 07:38:35 PM »
does this have to do with BC in particular?  if not, it needs to be moved to a more appropriate forum...

Offline Cmdr. Madden

• Cookies: 0
  • does it look like i need my leg pulled?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 08:30:04 PM »
actually, it does.... im working on a stats sheet for a ship that I'm hoping to get started on...... eventually and i was looking for some feedback.
does this thing ever get old? seriously.... i've been here for ever and nothing new happened. this must be purgatory

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2008, 08:42:25 PM »
well, I suggest you check out DITL.org and ASDB.net, also you could pick up a copy of either the TNG technical manual or the DS9 technical manual, as these are good references for these types of questions.

the best I can answer for your questions is that yes, full impulse is actually usually considered to be .75c, and the dimentions you gave are about the same as a Sovereign class, maybe a little larger, but smaller than a Galaxy class.  that might put the crew between 800 and 1000 depending on how luxurious the crew cabins are.