Author Topic: warp core breech  (Read 2314 times)

Offline equinoxfan

• Cookies: 0
warp core breech
« on: December 04, 2008, 02:23:27 PM »
hi all,
just curious, has anyone ever looked into developing a mod that would cause a warp core breech, lets say,
like from star trek generations? or so you could manually start one, eject your core, and blow the heck out of
what might be following you :D ive tried the whole targeting your core thing,,,gets old,,i would do it myself,,,,
but im just getting started in modding.

jason

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
Re: warp core breech
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 02:27:00 PM »
Try searching BCF... takes all of 2 secs. thats all there is in terms of core mods

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Core_Ejection_mod;19685

~Jb06

Offline equinoxfan

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »
i guess i need to be a little more clear,,,
what would one likey have to have,, or do, to create such a mod,,,im aware of the eject mod,,,i was hoping
to gain some insight ito developing such a mod that would allow someone to either start a breech manually,, or if enough
damage is done,, it would force you to either dump the core,, or go  boom! :D

jason

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2008, 03:14:21 PM »
modders are already very much busy and backlogged with their own work and as such, they dont really take requests im afraid...
are you asking how to go about making a mod like that?  because that would be the only way it would be able to get done, is if you made it yourself...

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2008, 03:23:41 PM »
i guess i need to be a little more clear,,,
what would one likey have to have,, or do, to create such a mod,,,im aware of the eject mod,,,i was hoping
to gain some insight ito developing such a mod that would allow someone to either start a breech manually,, or if enough
damage is done,, it would force you to either dump the core,, or go  boom! :D

jason

Well i no you can overload your warp core, but i dont think it is possible for the ai to do it.

~Jb06

Offline equinoxfan

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2008, 03:25:19 PM »
yes,,,,,,
thats all i ned is some instuction,,,im not asking anyone else to do it,,,,i know how busy everyone is with their own
projects,, i just need a push in the right direction.some ideas on,, what i need, to get started.

thanks

jason

Offline equinoxfan

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2008, 03:26:22 PM »
how do you overload?

jason

Offline Jb06

• JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #7 on: December 04, 2008, 03:31:06 PM »
Its in BCS: The Beginning

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/BCS_The_Beginning;59227

Advanced core options... overload mtr/antimtr injectors i think

~Jb06

Offline equinoxfan

« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2008, 03:52:50 PM »
that works pretty good :D
the only problem,,,even if you eject the core,, the ship still explodes :)
but,, it also takes the warp core with it,,,,,,,no if i could figure a way to trigger the warpcore to explode once its dumped out of the ship,,without having to target it.

jason

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2008, 04:17:31 PM »
i apologize for moving this thread all around the place - i misunderstood the point of the topic lol

ill put it back into Modding...  altho it might be better in Scripting, since such a thing would involve some script-tweaking...

so, if i understand correctly, youd like to create a mod that would mean having a button to click on that would "tell" the warp core to detonate after it is ejected, rather than firing upon it to detonate it?

Offline equinoxfan

« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2008, 04:28:40 PM »
no problem,,, i didnt know exactly,, were to put it anyway :D
yes pretty much along those lines, know that i know i can start a breech from within,, it would be nice if once u ejected
the core, the core itself would blow,,,,,it seems the ship still explodes once u  eject the core,,,i know the impulse engines wouldnt clear the ship in time anyway,, but its worth the experimintation 8)

jason

Offline equinoxfan

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2008, 06:23:24 AM »
okay,
ive narrowed it down,, you can cause a warp core breach/breech,( however its spelled) thru advanced core options,,
but my problem,,, is once you have ejected the core,,u figure the core alone should explode,, nope, the ship still explodes. and the core does not.    i would like to set it up to were the core explodes once you have ejected
it,,  maybe with a timed explosion,, maybe 60 seconds,,, long enough to get to escape pods, or beam to another ship,,,
i guess im just trying to cover all aspects of what ive seen, on tv,,,,just to make the gaming experiace a little more fun :D   luckly i was able to download all mods (a good portion, before the whole music copyright thing)
you all have done an excelnt job!!!! i was a hardcore legacy fan,, not anymore!!
thanks

jason

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2008, 03:00:50 PM »
Does the ship explode because of the "nova"?
You may want to turn down the splash damage radius in NanoFXv2.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline equinoxfan

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2008, 07:27:18 PM »
even when u cause a breach, and eject the core,,regardless,, it acts as though the core is still in the ship,,,if i could just figure out how to get system to realise the core is no longer in the ship.

jason

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2008, 11:21:26 AM »
It shouldn't really. Since the warpcore model is a new, and seperate, ship.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline equinoxfan

« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2008, 12:44:56 PM »
im guessing its set up destroy the ship,,,even ejecting the core,true the core is seperate, once it leaves the ship,,,
until then,, its just a button in the menu :D

jason

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2008, 12:49:12 PM »
im guessing its set up destroy the ship,,,even ejecting the core,true the core is seperate, once it leaves the ship,,,
until then,, its just a button in the menu :D

jason
I still think it's just the splash damage.

Unless the button you are pressing is labeld: "Self Destruct". :P

Offline equinoxfan

« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2008, 01:00:13 PM »
MLeo,

how do i turn down the splash damage? i can give it a try,, cant hurt,

jason

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #18 on: December 06, 2008, 01:04:25 PM »
In the NanoFX config panel.
Under ExplosionFX

Offline equinoxfan

« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2008, 01:51:05 PM »
MLeo
im dummer then a box of rocks,, and blinder then a bat in the light :D
u might have to give me dummy directions on how to find it,,, i looked,, i couldnt find it.

jason