Author Topic: GUI Error: Missing Tractor Beam Button  (Read 824 times)

Offline Digital_Clarity

• Cookies: 3
GUI Error: Missing Tractor Beam Button
« on: November 01, 2008, 04:15:57 AM »
The tractor beam button is missing in Quick Battle and there's no script error in the console report. I am using
KM 1.0. I turned off all mutators to see if the button would reappear but it did not.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: GUI Error: Missing Tractor Beam Button
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2008, 06:10:52 AM »
Does the ship you are trying have a tractorbeam? In other words, did this same ship previously had a tractorbeam (ie. did it suddenly disappear when you didn't install some mod)?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Digital_Clarity

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2008, 06:59:53 AM »
I don't think it's ship specific; most of the ships have tractor beams except shuttles.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2008, 07:11:02 AM »
I don't think it's ship specific; most of the ships have tractor beams except shuttles.
There is no requirement that a ship has to have a tractor beam. The Klingon BoP doesn't have one in stock BC.

So what ships are you trying to use?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Digital_Clarity

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2008, 07:36:30 PM »
Any ship; Sovereign, Galaxy, Nebula, Warbird, Vorcha, etc, etc. The tractor beams modes are still available, and
I can still activate the beam by pressing ALT-T.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2008, 12:50:07 PM »
Could you get me a screenshot of when it happens?