Author Topic: Is this even the same game?  (Read 2677 times)

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
Re: Is this even the same game?
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2008, 08:42:24 PM »
I have no idea what map to do it on. It was faint on Belaruz. Give me a good map and I will work to do my best :P.

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2008, 09:17:42 PM »
How's this for specs? A little bright but it was Sirius B which is a White Giant or something (fails astronomy)

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2008, 12:12:54 AM »
Honestly, it doesn't look like the same game.

Totally agree. PC technology and BC game modding has come a long way since this game came out.

Funny, I have the p81/c2x Galaxy in one of my installs as well as many other "older" mods.

I now also have pretty much all the newest ship mods installed. The comparisons are staggering.

My BC installs are kind of a "journey through time". When I was a noob, I thought the p81 stuff (and plenty others of course) were incredible compared to the stock models.

Now look where we're at! The current BC Files POTD that DJ used as an example looks like it was a screenshot from the TV show.

Now imagine what Excalibur's game engine is gonna make things look...!

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2008, 03:31:43 AM »
I have no idea what map to do it on. It was faint on Belaruz. Give me a good map and I will work to do my best :P.

Try the Artrus system. Like so.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2008, 10:18:09 AM »
guys please try and remain ontopic...  DJ created this thread to describe the then vs now, so lets please stay on that note...
Barihawk, please feel free to make a separate thread to discuss specs and glows and such after which the related posts in this thread could be merged into that one...

thx :)