Author Topic: BSOD  (Read 848 times)

Dollgunn

BSOD
« on: April 13, 2009, 06:01:06 PM »
Heya, im new to bridge commander and completely hopeless when it comes to working computers in any specific way other than clicking game to play, etc. So when i began modding i ran into a few problems, mainly the BSOD which i can't solve. here is the game in TestMode:
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/boblerrr/untitled.jpg

I have been trying to download a few mods and after many mess ups and failures ( i think 2/3 of the new ships still don't work) i get this.

Sorry if this is the wrong section of the forum i got very confused.

Any help is greatly appriechiated.

(Sorry if the answer if glaringly obvious, i just can't get it)

Many thanks

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: BSOD
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 06:20:16 PM »
most BSODs are really easy to fix, infact, it should tell you exactly what file needs fixing in the console.  could you try posting that picture again, it appears that the link is broken.

Dollgunn

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 06:38:49 PM »

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 06:54:49 PM »
that doesn't appear to be related to a ship at all, do you have the Foundation Technologies pack installed?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 07:15:14 PM »
try opening the FoundationTech py in the scripts folder - at the top you'll see where it says "from bcdebug import debug" and put a "#" (without the quotes) in front of that...

Dollgunn

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 08:11:22 PM »
Im very confused. I have downloaded a foundation pack. But when i try to install QBR2.3 it tells me i haven't downloaded foundation.
I clicked on FoundationTech py in the scripts folder, and i got a Bridge commander Universal Tool screen. This had a foundation install option and once done it tells me "BC foundation 2008 has been installed" i had only just done this, however QBR2.3 still comes up with no foundation. After installing the foundation i now recieve this on TestMode:

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn302/boblerrr/untitled1.jpg

Dollgunn

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 08:22:51 PM »
Ah the problem has been solved now, somehow i clicked on a nano icon and it installed via BCUT. Thanks for all you help.

Although, now im on, none of the ships i thought i had installed are showing. Can someone tell me how i have gone wrong, ive been downloading the mods into a seperate folder, and moving all the files into the respecive folders, scripts data etc can anyone run me through it?

Dollgunn

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 09:30:10 PM »
All fixed thanks for all the help

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 02:44:59 AM »
Assuming you didn't yet fix the missing ships issue, you need to activate atleast the first three mutators to see the custom ships.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Dollgunn

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2009, 08:46:31 AM »
Ah yeah got that one. I was so used to looking through files etc i didn't think to look in to configure section of the game XD