Author Topic: How to get CR's Borg Cube In KM1.0??????  (Read 748 times)

AndrewJ

How to get CR's Borg Cube In KM1.0??????
« on: September 20, 2008, 11:33:19 AM »
Just wondering I know an AI problem causes issues when CR Tactical Cube is placed into a KM 1.0 install.  The Borg upon entry to a system cause an instant CTD (crash to desktop)

Is their any way to get this beomoth into the game?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: How to get CR's Borg Cube In KM1.0??????
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2008, 11:35:07 AM »
What is the usual fix for this (on a non-KM install)?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

AndrewJ

« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 11:49:15 AM »
It's not a problem, KM 1.0 uses some strange AI so I understand for the Borg Vessels and adding for instance the CR Tactical Cube somehow overwrites or upsets these AI scripts and causes the game to crash.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2008, 11:50:22 AM »
Then make sure you don't install any AI related things that the CR Borg Cube comes with.

Usually files in the scripts/AI directory, and several (usually well named) files in scripts/ (so they shouldn't be installed from the package).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.