Author Topic: GenGalaxy bridge  (Read 1101 times)

Mr. Helix

GenGalaxy bridge
« on: September 13, 2008, 06:09:30 AM »
Hi all,
        You know, you spend a couple of weeks sorting one problem and another pops up!
I'm most probably missing the plain obvious but I've searched and nothing seems to match this.
Basically, I'm running KM 1.0, DJ Galaxy class & Generations-Galaxy bridge (Frontier), I go to QBgame, load up, Saffi/ Configure,
I choose DJ Galaxy as player (Enterprise) and Generations-Galaxy bridge (Galaxy Re-fit ?), update, I set neutrals, friendlies and so on,
I click start, all loads except for Gen-galaxy bridge / Galaxy re-fit, It always loads with the default Enterprise? bridge which is pants
and Saffi is so in your face! I go back to configure and whatever bridge I opt for it always loads the same one.
I have looked at the bridge plugins options in the main-menu and have not disabled anything, is this right? Do I have to disable the
Galaxy bridge or any others? Please, any help would be beneficial to my sanity!

Many Thanks.

Helix out.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: GenGalaxy bridge
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2008, 06:45:19 AM »
Have you checked the console for any errors?

Please define "in your face", do you mean floating in front of you? If so, are the other crewmembers doing this as well?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Mr. Helix

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2008, 06:54:52 AM »
No errors to report, and by 'In your face' I mean a bit too close! No floating anomalies or the like, although seated i wish she would move the seat a bit further away! Lol

Nothing is running incorrectly, the only problem is that the Gen-Galaxy (Galaxy re-fit) does not load although it is listed in the bridge menu.

Thank you for your reply.

Helix out.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2008, 06:58:01 AM »
Do you have BPCore installed?

Altough, I believe you need that to get this bridge installed.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Mr. Helix

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2008, 07:29:15 AM »
Yes indeed, Core (Gold), all went as I presumed it should, I installed Gen-Galaxy bridge via .exe, overwrite box appeared, overwrite yes/no, opted for yes, install proceeded. All is positive menu wise, it's just this inability to switch bridges in QBgame, I didn't know if there was any incompatibility issues with DJ- Galaxy , Generations-Galaxy bridge and /or default Galaxy class installs

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2008, 10:55:22 AM »
Ships and Bridges are separated, no relation between them.

I take it the Sovereign/Enterprise bridge is your default bridge?
Could you attach the file: scripts/Custom/BridgePluginConfig.py?

Mr. Helix

« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2008, 12:09:27 PM »
Just sorted it, disabled 'Autoswitch bridge' and bingo, all is well.
Most probably obvious to some but could not find any instructions to do so.
Many Thanks for responses.

Helix out.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2008, 12:10:49 PM »
The Autoswitch Bridge is not a feature of BPCore (that I can currently remember, while it does include so called "implicit" bridges so that people can implement a default bridge for ships), so I think that's the problem.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2008, 02:32:26 PM »
Wasn't it a KM mod?

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2008, 02:35:36 PM »
Could be, altough I find it a bit strange why it wouldn't use the LoadBridge module, if it did, then this issue shouldn't exist.

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2008, 02:38:38 PM »
It is, I've used it heavily. Almost all of my ships have defined bridges. (Though I encounter some weird errors that I will eventually have to post here.)