Author Topic: Problem with Captain April's Canon Nemesis Enterprise and Valdore HP pack  (Read 3817 times)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Problem with Captain April's Canon Nemesis Enterprise and Valdore HP pack
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2008, 10:58:15 AM »
I'll look into preventing this problem (ie. not doubly load sounds, and just allow it), and seeing if I can get it included in some next version of Foundation (or something like that).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Captain_April

• Cookies: 5
  • hardpointer - CXP
« Reply #41 on: September 20, 2008, 12:52:24 PM »
Problem was that two exact same sound definitions canceled each other out, why, I don't know.
That did seem like the most likely cause.  so, I wonder why no one else has this problem...I think I will take a look at my sound defs...

well, thats interesting:
here's the line from from the kobayashi maru sound pack that does the RapidQuantum Sound def:
Foundation.SoundDef("sfx/Weapons/NemQuantum.wav", "RapidQuantum", 3)
and here's my sound def line:
Foundation.SoundDef('sfx\Weapons\NemQuantum.wav', 'RapidQuantum', 1)
and it all works perfectly...I guess the final argument must have something to do with the sound loading right.  I'll try messing around with it later

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #42 on: September 20, 2008, 12:53:28 PM »
That's the volume. ;)

1 is normal (as is), anything higher is louder, and anything lower is softer.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Captain_April

• Cookies: 5
  • hardpointer - CXP
« Reply #43 on: September 20, 2008, 03:49:40 PM »
That's the volume. ;)

1 is normal (as is), anything higher is louder, and anything lower is softer.
thx.
so what then, causes those sound defs to not overwrite each other while others do?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2008, 06:03:03 PM »
Well, since this is a new class of problems, we don't know all the edge cases yet.

I'd say that most of the time, you (and others) include the original sound plugins, and this time you didn't, but you bound a new name to an existing sound, and BC didn't like that (or something like that). The fix, in the Foundation, would be detect if it's a sound it already loaded, and if it did, just link it to it, and not reload it or something like that.

Offline GreatBarrier86

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #45 on: September 21, 2008, 05:15:53 PM »
lord...look at the trouble i caused :)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #46 on: September 21, 2008, 06:40:55 PM »
No, you actually helped find a good error.

Offline GreatBarrier86

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2008, 11:44:04 AM »
So what's next?

Calhoun

« Reply #48 on: September 25, 2008, 07:04:07 PM »
Ho there....I ran into the same problem and heres how i fixed it (im regards to the original post)

It would seem that in the auto-load folder after installing Captain_April's HP "Sovereign Phaser_SoundPak" came with the sovereign and you put a file called "Canon_Nemesis_Sov_Nor_Soundpack" and "Sovereign Phaser_sound_def" in there, now the new HP also uses the same name for the phaser sound but not the same sound (confusing i know)  so what I did was DELETE either one of the files stated above (the PY and PYC) and the phaser sound will work.

In the sound "Fix" that you install to fix the problem (didnt work for me) it installed "RapidQuantum_sound_def.py" in the same folder...."QuantumCG_SoundPak" is allready in there.

BASICALLY delete the autoloads that came with the CG sovereign then install these new sound FX's that might work, but what i did was edit the torpedo autoload folders and i use April's torpedo sounds, but i just ended up Deleting the phaser one and i still use the CG sovereign phaser sound.

bring on the questions haha what i said was confusing as all hell but my sound works perfectly now.