Author Topic: Manually controlling the in-game camera  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
Manually controlling the in-game camera
« on: August 30, 2008, 07:21:03 AM »
I'm not sure whether this is in the right thread but I'll explain my question anywaay.

How do you control the camera manually in BC? You know, like how Rifleman80 does his flyby shots in his videos.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
Re: Manually controlling the in-game camera
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 07:59:39 AM »
You could always PM him and ask him?

Offline Dalek

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2008, 08:00:36 AM »
I did about 2 days ago. No response so far.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2008, 09:23:24 AM »
If you press F9, that will bring up cinematic mode, from there you press F2 and that will bring up the chase camera. Now, when you move your mouse, the camera will move.

Offline CJLarkin

• Cookies: 27
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2008, 09:38:45 AM »
I believe that when RifleMan80 does his videos, he has a small, invisible craft (or a model so small you can't see it), and puts it into Cinematic View whilst the Intended ship is targeted. Does that make sense?
Build a game and people will be happy for a few years. Build a community... Well, look at BC. :D
Here's to another 20 years!

Offline Dalek

« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2008, 09:39:40 AM »
YEah, I know that. I mean, watch Rifle80's films. He actually moving the camera around the ship as if the ship was in F5 mode. Unless I'm missing something.

@CJLarkin, oh.kay. But you know sometimes when lukerobin aka Chronowerx_GT does a pic, he has the postion of the camera in numbers just at the bottom left of the pic, how do you get into that mode?

- Lorien

Offline CJLarkin

• Cookies: 27
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 09:45:24 AM »
When In-game, key "Edit()" into the Console. However, I don't think that can be used to record video (it sort of pauses the game)
Build a game and people will be happy for a few years. Build a community... Well, look at BC. :D
Here's to another 20 years!

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 10:01:04 AM »
CJ, is correct, the game pauses when in edit mode.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 04:55:20 PM »
*Moved to BC:General*
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 11:00:38 AM »
Quote from: Dalekanium2
How do you control the camera manually in BC?

He's using an invisible ship, shuttles are the best for that. :D

Quote from: Dalekanium2
You know, like how Rifleman80 does his flyby shots in his videos
Yup, he's definitely getting better at that. :D