Author Topic: Bridge Commander crashes when I fire torpedoes....  (Read 1531 times)

Vanor

Bridge Commander crashes when I fire torpedoes....
« on: August 27, 2008, 01:05:21 PM »
Hello, I'm new here and I apologize for asking about this.  Over a year ago I had BC and was trying to learn to d/l mods for it.  And I got this one mod in particular that overwrote the stock Ambassador in the game, and replaced it with many retextured ones (mostly with different names and slight variances).

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Ambassador_Class_TNG_Pack;34825

That's the aforementioned mod.  Anyway, I was playing the game again and re downloaded this mod.  It's really nice save for the fact that if you fire torpedoes the game crashes.  Before I had figured out how to fix it.  But now I'm having difficulties, and I was wondering if anyone could help me address this issue.

I do remember that it had to do with a line of code in respect to the torpedo launchers.  Let me find it.  Let's see it was in Scripts, then Ships, then in Hardpoints and in a folder called NO NanoFX HPs.  Then in file called LC Ambassador.  Here's the line of code:

Torpedoes.SetTorpedoScript(0, "Custom.DurandalHP.Projectiles.Dur_PhotonTorpedo")

I'm pretty sure I have to change something here, but I can't remember what exactly.  If anybody knows what to change this to I'd be very EXTREMELY appreciative, and I thank you for your time in advance.  This site is pretty cool btw.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: Bridge Commander crashes when I fire torpedoes....
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2008, 01:15:21 PM »
where it says
Torpedoes.SetTorpedoScript(0, "Custom.DurandalHP.Projectiles.Dur_PhotonTorpedo")

try changing it to
Torpedoes.SetTorpedoScript(0, "Tactical.Projectiles.xxxxxxx")

where xxxxxxx is a projectile found in the folder scripts/tactical/projectiles folder...  it has to be case sensitive, but thats how you change a torpedo in a ship's hardpoints...

the game crashes when a ship fires something that isnt contained in the install's folders...

Vanor

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 01:31:50 PM »
Okay, I did that, and I'm pretty sure that fixed it before, but I don't have an actual copy of the game.  And the one I have now isn't like the one I had before, which seemed to be pretty compatible with mods.  But this one doesn't seem to working right.  I'll probably have to hunt down the other version I had used.  I'm sorry to have bothered you, but I sincerely thank you for your time and in helping me.  When I get it running properly this time I"ll know what to do, thank you again, your site is awesome.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2008, 01:34:26 PM »
Did you download something called BCMP or BCMI or anything which came with a thing called a Foundation the last time you had BC? That is the only reason mods work in BC.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2008, 01:37:22 PM »
but I don't have an actual copy of the game.
how are you playing BC then?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2008, 02:04:27 PM »
BCMP and BCMI won't delete projectiles. Alter them maybe, but not delete them.
Aside from that, he wouldn't be able to oeven attempt a custom ship if he didn't have Foundation. ;)

@Jimmy, I think he means he's at work and currently can't try it. I hope. :P

I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2008, 06:41:11 AM »
BCMP and BCMI won't delete projectiles. Alter them maybe, but not delete them.

I'm not saying that. Vanor said that the mods weren't working the way they usually do and I was basically asking whether he downloaded any program with a Foundation.

To Vanor-have you downloaded anything with a Foundation?
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2008, 01:26:12 PM »
Foundation also doesn't touch projectiles.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.