Author Topic: Mithra Class MSD (WIP)  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Mithra Class MSD (WIP)
« on: August 23, 2008, 01:53:30 PM »
Hey everyone, I'm just stretching my Photoshop muscles and working on a Mithra MSD for Aeries. Here's the preliminary deck-work. Any C&C would be helpful. More to come later. (I'm putting in systems now.)

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
Re: Mithra Class MSD (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 02:30:09 PM »
Seems like rather a lot of decks. I always imagined this was sort of Intrepid sized (15-20 decks) but that must be at least 30.
MUSE!!!

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 02:40:43 PM »
22 to be precise. Aeries said on Okudagrams that she was supposed to stand between 19-25 decks, I believe.

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 05:15:21 PM »
use this base: the bridge, from "floor" to "ceiling" means one deck. offset the rest of the lines by the same distance, and you get the inner layout.
take as "one deck" a distance in the silhouette that you know is one whole deck (usually, the bridge). the rest is just copy-paste.
if you see that you don't fill a specific distance with an integer amount of decks, you have two ways: stretch the existing divisions to fill the gap, or add one more deck, shrink the group, and make the decks shorter.
a complete deck is (maybe. in real-world assumptions.) at most 3,5 or 4 meters high. say, 2.8 meters of usable space, and the rest for service conduits, either above or below the deck.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 07:16:02 PM »
Please take note that the bridge module itself is actually two decks: One with windows at the aft, being the conference room, And the top being the bridge itself. I would also like to point out that bridges are almost always taller than the corridors, anyways... the only reference I can see that suggests a bridge may be the same size as a corridor would be the Defiant. Just sayin'... :P

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2008, 12:34:34 AM »
Please take note that the bridge module itself is actually two decks: One with windows at the aft, being the conference room, And the top being the bridge itself. I would also like to point out that bridges are almost always taller than the corridors, anyways... the only reference I can see that suggests a bridge may be the same size as a corridor would be the Defiant. Just sayin'... :P
well, then don't use the bridge. if you know the second level is one deck high, use that part.
or, on the bridge, don't consider the dome.
as I said, take a part of it to be your "measure unit", that you know is an integer. whatever it is.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2008, 12:15:32 PM »
aeries- didn't you say this ship was bigger than the Enterprise?

Offline Aeries

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2008, 02:23:01 PM »
That was the original concept, yeah. Comparing to your Enterprise F right now, the Mithra is only about two or MAYBE three decks taller than the Enterprise F. [I have a side comparison if it's any use.] The biggest size difference is in the length.

So yeah. The Mithra is about 24/5 decks tall. Sorry kirk; I hadn't made any comparisons like this with the two ships in a while, so with almost the whole design changing for this version 4/5 mesh, I lost track. My bad.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2008, 02:35:47 PM »
No problems, I'll try to incorporate that fix. (Or I could leave her like this and she'll end up like the Sovereign with 3/4 different total deck counts. :lol:)

Alright, here's an adjusted version. She now stands at 23 decks in the main body. The extra decks are going to be inside the nacelles, but not shown because they are going to be in the form of catwalks and access hallways, kind of like the NX's mian engineering, but far more complex and larger. Also shown is a very rough warp core. Should I make the colors canon, or keep to the general relativity color scheme? (The warp core is going to be based off of the Sovereign class warp core.)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2008, 04:13:53 PM »
Should I make the colors canon, or keep to the general relativity color scheme?
i'd say go canon, or as close to it as you can...
just my opinion tho...

Offline Aeries

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2008, 04:49:07 PM »
Do whatever feels natural to you, dude. You've done the Mithra great justice thus far. if I might make a small suggestion? The warp core ought to be nearer to the center of the ship, to allow room for the injector assemblies and such. I've never actually seen a core so close to the outer edges of the ship. If we take a look at the sovereign class, since the Mithra's core is based off of it, we can see that the core is closer to the center of the hull, allowing room for the injector assembly below and above. Just saying. :P Probably a mis-understanding when I sent you that pic laying out basic systems. When I pointed out the warp core, that was the ejection hatch... the core itself is at the center, with the injector assemblies expanding up and down from there. Sorry. My bad again. x_x *needz moar coffeeezzzz...*