Author Topic: Installation Problem  (Read 2641 times)

Picard_1

Re: Installation Problem
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2008, 09:18:54 PM »
CaptainGalaxy,

We realize that you're enthusiastic about getting BC up and running but you need to slow down and have some patience. First, you need the BC 1.1 patch and second, you need Foundation before anything will work.

There are several programs that will install foundation for you but the latest software is USS Sovereigns Bridge Commander Ship Menu Creator or BCSMC 5.6. Basically, it's an all in one ship definition, sound def, tgl description editor all in one.

Additionally, some mods may not work even after installing foundation. As such, I have found that the best mods are KM .91 and KM 1.0. They have less bugs and are more compatible with mods as I'm sure most board members here will agree.

Hope this helps.

CaptainGalaxy

« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 04:55:18 AM »
I have read that downloaded copies of BC don't work, and quite frankly I am surprised this thread hasn't been locked down yet.
I hope that gives you info that might help solve my problem.
Nope, but a console report will. (As mentioned in the quote you included.)
Maybe it would be best if someone gave me exact instructions on how to install mods?
Did you even read the readme?

Well, I would send one if I knew what a console report was, and YES I read the readme. I just says to download the things, install these other few things using BCMI or BCMP but I don't really know how to use them. Let's say that there is a yellow curser now (Which there is) when I start it up along with the black screen. What is the significance of the yellow curser?

starfleetcommand3

« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 10:16:35 AM »
I have the same download you have. (Don't ban me please) Get BCMI and set it to your BC directory. (Of course, Fresh install) a window comes up saying you haven't install the foundation. Click Ok then it will install. After its done, Add any mods you want. (expect Slipstream and Galaxy Charts).

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 02:09:01 PM »
Locked.

Since none of you can read, particularly the forum rules, you have earned the following;
starfleetcommand3
CaptainGalaxy

Since neither of you have a legal copy of BC you are banned.

Picard_1

Discussion of nocd hacks is still warez and a breach of the forum rules.
3 day comment ban

El