Author Topic: Mission/Quickbattle crash  (Read 1048 times)

Offline captblack

• Cookies: 0
Mission/Quickbattle crash
« on: June 23, 2008, 04:30:18 PM »
   I dont know if this has been posted before sorry in advance if it has.

Anyway I have two problems I have KM1.0 installed and my game works fine until when I try to play certain missions (like the sovereigns shakedown) the screen goes black (yes i turn off all mutators), also the screen goes black when I quit from playing quickbattle. how do i fix this??? Thanks
now you see me...now you dont

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Mission/Quickbattle crash
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 05:11:39 PM »
Please define black (as in, more details for what you see).

Also try alt+tabbing for windows with the BC icon.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline captblack

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 05:37:27 PM »
Please define black (as in, more details for what you see).

Also try alt+tabbing for windows with the BC icon.

as in the color black and one of those messages that say the program has encountered and error then there it the "debug"(tried that) and "send" buttons. Sometimes just a Pitch black screen and i have to Ctrl+alt+del to return to my desktop.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 05:43:26 PM »
Sounds like a missing Torpedo/Projectile script.

Did you install other mods after KM?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline captblack

« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 05:58:37 PM »
Sounds like a missing Torpedo/Projectile script.

Did you install other mods after KM?

That is whats causing the game to crash right in the middle of the missions (especially saved points) and when i quit the game after clicking the quit button on the main menu. I dont know, to answer your question i did install SNS galaxy, DJ's Galaxy,and Lints defiant but it did this before.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 06:22:17 PM »
Sorry for the delay, it's been quite hectic and I couldn't think of anything for a while (regarding this).

The crash to desktop (sometimes not completely, in that case try alt+tabbing untill you see the BC logo, assuming it's there, and when you find it, press Alt+PrintScreen to make a screenshot and attach the screenshot to this thread) after you exit Quick Battle (or the game) is a "known" problem, but no real solution is out there as of yet.

The crash during the shakedown cruise is mostlikely caused by a missmatch of torpedoes. When the Bird of Preys enter the set the scripts reload the quantums, or tries to anyway, but this can crash BC if the ship you are using doesn't actually have the quantums.
To fix this, you first need to open up scripts/Ships/Sovereign.py in notepad, and look for: "
Code: [Select]
"HardpointFile": "<<Something>>",Then, go to scripts/Ships/Hardpoints/ and look for <<Something>>.py and attach it here, I'll make sure it doesn't crash BC (assuming it's this).

As for the save points, in case of the shakedown, I believe there is a savepoint right about there. But generally, with mods installed, the savegame system doesn't work correctly (some people have got it working, but it largely depends on quite a number of factors), so you may have to continue your single player from the Custom Missions menu.

Offline captblack

« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2008, 05:17:49 PM »
   I must apologize too I have been busy moving into a new house and things with my job have been crazy. I am confused on what you want me to do in the scripts file. I have noticed lately that in quickbattle with the sovereign or galaxy class the game is fine but when i use say Cg voyager it causes the problem of going to a black screen when i want to exit the game. I did try to pull down the code drop bar and it does not show up.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2008, 06:24:00 PM »
Have you tried Alt+Tab to see if there is a BC Icon?

Of course, a simple Enter could be all it needs to solve a screen that will exit BC (ie. a crash).