Author Topic: USS Stealth (Ablative Armor Problems)(Video Uploaded) Update: 9-17-08  (Read 3683 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods

Is going to be a retexture (lame), but it has given me a chance to learn more about Photoshop and BC hardpointing. It is a retexture of the CC Shipyards, USS Stealth.

Features Include:
    *Fixed Alpha Channels
    *Fixed Tactical Icon
    *New Hardpoint
    *Edited Textures (I both love and hate my new bussards)
    *Lowered, more stealthy glows
    *and blinkers! ;D

(Apologies for the video quality, my lousy, integrated vid card has no AA and little AF. :'()

Renders added (Please note that the bussard texture is not the one I have. I am currently unsure of why they look this way.)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: kirk2164's first mod?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 07:08:26 PM »
I was going to say that the video was a little dark, and then I read what it said below.

Btw, there isn't much that you can do wrong with textures, except bad taste, but nobody (well, nearly nobody) ever got killed because of it. Or white ships...

Funnily (sp) enough, my first mod were cloaked torpedoes. :S
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 07:12:11 PM »
Well, the beginning of the video was supposed to be dark (system is the Void) in order to emphasize the reduced glows. (If that makes sense)

Cloaked torpedoes? I ought to give them a download, throw them in as a tribute.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2008, 07:13:47 PM »
Black core with 0 alpha. :P Actually, I believe I called them cloaked mines, since they don't move (unless the ship moves when they are fired).

They are on bcfiles.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 07:16:42 PM »
:D Lol, El gave you a spanking for your comment on the mines.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 07:19:29 PM »
You mean Blackrook? Yeah, I'm kinda picky when it comes to my name (it's why I've shortend it, or rather, first made it bigger, and then cut off part of it)... Luckily my spelling and grammar improved.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 07:21:29 PM »
You mean Blackrook?
I thought they were the same person. Anyways, this getting way offtopic.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2008, 05:32:04 AM »
Good work so far on the Stealth. It looks very promising.
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 01:07:01 AM »
Interesting concept, though I am not personally fond of the dimmed lights and engines, etc. Personally I think it makes it seem a bit tacky... not sure why, though.

If you want a suggestion? Take a peak at Lukerobin's Century Class retexture. I could TOTALLY see a Sovvy looking like that, with the "BAM! IN YOUR FACE!" specs and contrasting hull plating. Do something like that, and KEEPING the lights on, I think this would be terrific. Since you're re-doing a lot of the textures anyways, I think It's called for to just go all the way, don't you agree? :D

Still. Even with all that said, it's a cool concept. I look forward to seeing what you can come up with. If you need any assistance [with modeling, as I'm clueless with texturing] You know how to get a hold of me. :] Cheers, dude.

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 04:54:20 AM »
A stealth ship with ""BAM! IN YOUR FACE!"" textures is kind of a contradiction! Then again, a Sovvie isn't exactly what I would choose as a stealth ship :P
MUSE!!!

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2008, 06:23:38 PM »
Looks pretty nice Kirk. I like it when people do variations on ships.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2008, 02:53:51 PM »
Update: New phaser strip hardpoints layed down and I am beginning to add the launchers. Should be done by Tuesday. :P

Also, I will incorporate Aeries' suggestions later as a new ship. (Requires modelling skills I do not have yet.)

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2008, 03:16:42 PM »

If you want a suggestion? Take a peak at Lukerobin's Century Class retexture. I could TOTALLY see a Sovvy looking like that, with the "BAM! IN YOUR FACE!" specs and contrasting hull plating. Do something like that, and KEEPING the lights on, I think this would be terrific.

I forgot about that ship, i'll have to release her. I think I got all the textures done. If ya need help Kirk, i'll be glad to give you a hand.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline CaptainGMAN

• Cookies: 9
  • Call me Gibbs
Re: kirk2164's first mod? Update:7-24-08
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2008, 03:22:50 PM »
Just to let every one know this ship was first released by CC Shipyards by me and Cobie2.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2008, 06:39:37 PM »
Don't worry, when I complete this ship I will be emailing permissions emails out to everyone who was involved with this ship and proper credit will be given.

Offline CaptainGMAN

• Cookies: 9
  • Call me Gibbs
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 11:56:32 PM »
Don't worry, when I complete this ship I will be emailing permissions emails out to everyone who was involved with this ship and proper credit will be given.

I trust you kirk I was just letting them know.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
Re: USS Stealth (Slight Problems) Update:9-14-08
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2008, 11:36:15 AM »
Alright, this ship is about 70% done. Her tactical display is finished, all I have to do is smooth out the power consumption and fix this small problem I am having. I renamed some of the ablative armor properties and changed the names in the plugin, but for some strange reason the console says that fed ablative armor is not installed. I read through the FTech readme and am unsure what I may have done wrong so I have attached the hp and the plugin.

Also, pictures ingame soon.Here's a shot.

Offline MarkyD

• Cookies: 627
  • "A mesh comes together!"
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2008, 02:36:37 PM »
Good job  8)

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2008, 04:27:56 PM »
Alright, I feel the hp is done. If I can get the ablative armor issue resolved, then I will open this up for beta testing. (Do not ask to test yet or you won't .)

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions
Re: USS Stealth (Ablative Armor Problems) Update: 9-14-08
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2008, 03:16:34 PM »
Looking very cool Kirk. Cookie