Author Topic: Unused BC Crew SFX  (Read 1382 times)

Picard_1

Unused BC Crew SFX
« on: July 16, 2008, 05:22:50 PM »
At one point, Brex would give you sarcastic remarks whenever you selected engineering.
I think it happened when I had KM 0.91 installed. I now have KM 1.0 installed but says the
default "yes sir" instead. Isn't there a Brex Sarcasm Mod that comes as a separate install? I couldn't locate anything on bridgecommanderfiles.com

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Brex Sarcasm Mod
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2008, 05:25:35 PM »
He says sarcastic things when you hit report a few times. That's all I know of.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2008, 06:05:14 PM »
It's a stock feature.

Just keep pressing the Report button.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline limey BSc.

• JL Studios - Co-Founder
  • Cookies: 421
  • JL Studios - Co-Founder
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2008, 06:08:42 PM »
I canna change the laws of physics capt'n!
MUSE!!!

Offline Judge King

• USAF Phoenix CO
  • Cookies: 18
  • Hail to the king of battle!
    • XSGCOM Wiki
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2008, 05:07:26 AM »
I'm in a clue free zone captain. :o
Welcome to tenacityville, population: you.  :P
Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Picard_1

« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2008, 02:45:31 PM »
It's a stock feature.

Just keep pressing the Report button.

I now have KM 1.0 installed but says the
default "yes sir" instead.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2008, 04:28:14 PM »
Keep pressing.

Nothing has changed in that department as far as I can tell (from the scripts).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Picard_1

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2008, 04:36:12 PM »
Still no change thus far.

This brings up another topic. There is a ton of  unused speech in quickbattle. For instance, if you go into Felix's folder, there are mp3's where he says things like, "were hit, no damage", or "aye sir, using phasers only".

Would it require new scripting  to enable these? I tried adding strings to the TGL but that didn't work.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2008, 04:39:11 PM »
indeed, there are so many unused crew sfx...  its too bad they were never implemented...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2008, 08:02:48 PM »
Someone really ought to compile a list of that (not me anyway), and maybe figure out a way to add those to the game without much fuss (that might be me, or atleast a helping hand at that).

I do know of a mod called "Lost Chapters" (I think it was that anyway) that added un-used dialog to the Maelstrom Campaign (ie. Single Player).

Picard_1

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 02:40:11 PM »
I'll see what I can do, but I can't guarantee anything with my current workload. I will need to find time to dig through all the folders to find out just how many unused speech files there are.

Offline JimmyB76

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 02:55:24 PM »
Someone really ought to compile a list of that (not me anyway), and maybe figure out a way to add those to the game without much fuss (that might be me, or atleast a helping hand at that).
maybe people, in their own free time, can go thru and post which ones they found that weren't being used...  at least then we'd have a list...  somehow implementing them ingame could be the next step...

i can help in this i'll comb thru some of the files here and there... 
Picard_1, maybe you could rename your thread to something like "Unused BC Crew sfx" or whatever; others may feel complelled to search them out also...