Author Topic: BC no longer loads. (Gets an abnormal program termination on startup)  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
And for the life of me, I can't tell what. :(
All I know is that BC no longer loads. (Gets an abnormal program termination on startup)
I would upload something, but I don't know what to upload (short of my 73mb(compressed!) scripts folder)
Also, removing options.cfg didn't do the trick.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Have you tried rebooting?

What was the last thing you were doing to BC?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
I was trying to figure out which module is called first by BC by adding "Kill Me" to the beginning of two modules. I then removed the line after I was done trying to figure it out. The last module I had edited was App.py, however I restored it to its original condition.
Have you tried rebooting?
No, will try now.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
Ah, then I would like to point you to the console logger thread a little while ago. ;)

I suggest you get yourself a copy of BC:Core and apply it to a new BC install (after you delete the scripts directory). ;)
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
Problem with that is that a console logger will do me no good in a BC install that cannot load. (reboot did no good)
I suggest you get yourself a copy of BC:Core and apply it to a new BC install (after you delete the scripts directory). ;)
You serious? I just spent three weeks rebuilding this install (Plus you said it doesn't work with KM)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
You can have multiple installs of BC.

If you remove the "Kill Me" it ought to work again.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
I did, in fact I deleted both the .py and .pyc and replaced it with the .pyc from a clean 1.1 install I have.
You can have multiple installs of BC.
I know, in fact, per your suggestion, I also have a BC: Core install.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
In that case it's possible (not knowing what file exactly you are talking about, but ignore the next bit if it's App.py) that a modded version, such as file that came with Foundation is required.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
It's the App.pyc, it moved my data, scripts, and sfx folders to the desktop and reinstalled. I replaced the App.pyc and the game crashed.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
Copy the py file from the SDK.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
Re: BC no longer loads. (Gets an abnormal program termination on startup)
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2008, 07:22:18 PM »
Works (without the .py from the SDK) I just reinstalled and copied my original everything (minus the App.pyc) back.