Author Topic: Who gets buggered when there BC BSOD's or scrambles a mod up?  (Read 877 times)

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
This "really" annoys me as I now don't have the ability to transport to other ships just because I installed the Stargate Pack (v1 and V2) while I had KM 1.0. It's so bleedin' annoying.
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Who gets buggered when there BC BSOD's or scrambles a mod up?
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 12:42:28 PM »
I never get this.

Since I always check what a mod does, and if it overwrites files with no real purpose, then I don't install it.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2008, 01:03:44 PM »
also, always make backups before installing anything...  this way here, if something does go wrong, you have a safe zone...
and when you do get a BSOD for BC, it is a script error and 99.9% of script errors can be resolved...  all you need is a console report...  same deal if something no longer seems to work - a console report will explain why...
(there is a stickied thread in the Tech Support forum that describes to you how to get a console report)...

as far as the SG Pack, versions 1.0 and 2.0 (which you say you have installed) are all outdated...  there is a version 3.0 now at BCFiles, and you dont need either 1.0 or 2.0 for it, as described in the README
Quote from: README
THIS PACK WILL CREATE PROBLEMS IF YOU INSTALL IT ON TOP OF THE FIRST 2 PACKS...USE A CLEAN INSTALL AND DON'T USE THE FIRST 2
PACKS WITH THIS ONE.

and it will work on a KM1 install, as it was tested on such...

also, in that README, says where to go if you should run into any problems with the mod...
altho the link to Dave's forums may be an old one, here is a link to his SG Tech Support forum:
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?board=55.0

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2008, 02:12:57 PM »
check the mutators as well
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Pegasus

« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 03:04:59 PM »
Why is this in Freepost? Talking about BC, belongs in BC. moved.