Author Topic: DS9FX - Xtended  (Read 14509 times)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: DS9FX - Xtended
« Reply #80 on: March 20, 2010, 06:03:56 PM »
 :woot: gotta love new emoticons  :sam:

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #81 on: March 21, 2010, 02:57:33 AM »
Yes, I'm aiming somewhere around summer time. Of course should it happen that all beta testing and polishing is completed sooner than planned then it might be out even earlier.

For the moment: summer time will have to suffice.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #82 on: March 21, 2010, 03:10:32 PM »
What do you think about this?  :dance

The only downside...it uses 32 (512x512) textures which, most likely, will slow down lower end pc's.  I tried using less textures but the wormhole looked very choppy and I am considering 256x256 textures.

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #83 on: March 21, 2010, 03:14:20 PM »
Woah, looks absolutely fantastic. :D
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #84 on: March 21, 2010, 03:15:09 PM »
Judging by the reaction at BCS, this is a hit.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #85 on: March 21, 2010, 03:20:29 PM »
i am absolutely loving it cordy   :dance :yay: :bow:

*cookied*

Offline Nexxus21

• Commanding USS Solaris Mk-I Refit
  • Cookies: 4
  • Our Continuing Mission Of Exploration
« Reply #86 on: March 21, 2010, 03:41:57 PM »
Very nice indeed :yay:
If we value the pursuit of knowledge, we must be free to follow wherever that search may lead us...-Adlai E. Stevenson Jr.

Offline majormagna

• English Idiot
  • Cookies: 5
  • Bail Out!
« Reply #87 on: March 21, 2010, 04:30:30 PM »
I still think the 'flashes' just before the W/H opens and just after it closes are a bit choppy and appear for a bit too long... Might just be me... But other than that; well done!

By the way, where's the music from? It reminds me? of Star Trek: Armada (1 or 2) but I may be wrong.
Did you know I'm on Twitter?

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #88 on: March 21, 2010, 05:03:59 PM »
WooHoo !!! that's my man :bow: Cord, you and whole DS9FX Xtended team done superb job :thumbsup: cookied

p.s. need beta testers :P:P

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #89 on: March 21, 2010, 05:43:50 PM »
Wowee!  :drool:  Looks very much like the wormhole should look.  Cookie!

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bren

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 33
  • 6EQUJ5
« Reply #90 on: March 22, 2010, 12:06:09 AM »
I still think the 'flashes' just before the W/H opens and just after it closes are a bit choppy and appear for a bit too long... Might just be me... But other than that; well done!

Quoted for truth! I also think the wormhole should grow a lot quicker. Well done, Cord!
"The sky calls to us, if we do not destroy ourselves, we will, one day, venture to the stars." - Carl Sagan

Klingon Academy now works on XP/Vista/Win 7 thanks to one dude's patches, click here for details. I highly recommend it!

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #91 on: March 22, 2010, 03:57:22 AM »
Did that wormhole event horizon remind anyone else of the vortex in Sliders season 1  :P ?

Looks stunning by the way.  :bow:
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #92 on: March 22, 2010, 04:46:11 AM »
More like season 3 when the vortex became blue-green-yellow (tho this one doesn't have anything green) IIRC season I vortex was kind of greish-blue-white with distortion buble effect, season 2 was bleu-white I think but yeah it looks pretty much like it ;) I liked that show a lot :)

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #93 on: March 22, 2010, 07:19:49 AM »
I'll be making posts here every now and then to update everybody with what Xtended has to offer. Since most of the production has been under the veil of secrecy.

For the moment a list of systems:
    Bajor (DS9)
    Badlands
    Dosi   
    Chin'toka
    Founders Homeworld
    Gaia
    Karemma
    Kurill
    New Bajor
    Qo'nos
    Trialus
    T-Rogoran
    Vandros
    Yadera
    Idran

Each system will most likely be visited one way or the other in a mission (mini mission or campaign mission).

Campaign is set to be after Romulus destruction which has 10 missions and for it to be fully understood a sequel will follow--in an update. You'll understand why once completed.
Not all missions are made in the style point and shoot: some require you to do some diplomacy, scan planets for some clues.

I must say that with limited time I had to work on Xtended Campaign Missions I'm very pleased by the way it turned out.

Mini Missions have also been updated with a total count of 19, we got writers block after that. Missions are more diverse than in v3.0: which include patrolling, stealing enemy craft (Life Support feature demo) and such.

Historic Missions are rather neglected as only 1 new mission is available.

Life Support is fully integrated into the missions which means if you take over an enemy ship it is available to support you in future missions. Although watch out as the enemy loves to do the same thing, offtopic--in my tests vs Borg Ships i.e. when I'm boarded I pretty much have to evacuate the ship.

Easter Eggs might make you laugh and some unlock some new content. Most of them should remind you of some particular events from DS9. A big one is planned for an update, hint it has to do something with Badlands.

Oh and lately cordanilus has provided new GFX for suns

Some of you might have seen different brighter variations of these in another thread which have enhanced brightness.

And I'm not sure what to tell you anymore at the moment. Some things should be experienced in person.

Any questions?
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #94 on: March 22, 2010, 08:38:54 AM »
I'll be making posts here every now and then to update everybody with what Xtended has to offer. Since most of the production has been under the veil of secrecy.

For the moment a list of systems:
    Bajor (DS9)
    Badlands
    Dosi   
    Chin'toka
    Founders Homeworld
    Gaia
    Karemma
    Kurill
    New Bajor
    Qo'nos
    Trialus
    T-Rogoran
    Vandros
    Yadera
    Idran

Each system will most likely be visited one way or the other in a mission (mini mission or campaign mission).

Campaign is set to be after Romulus destruction which has 10 missions and for it to be fully understood a sequel will follow--in an update. You'll understand why once completed.
Not all missions are made in the style point and shoot: some require you to do some diplomacy, scan planets for some clues.

I must say that with limited time I had to work on Xtended Campaign Missions I'm very pleased by the way it turned out.

Mini Missions have also been updated with a total count of 19, we got writers block after that. Missions are more diverse than in v3.0: which include patrolling, stealing enemy craft (Life Support feature demo) and such.

Historic Missions are rather neglected as only 1 new mission is available.

Life Support is fully integrated into the missions which means if you take over an enemy ship it is available to support you in future missions. Although watch out as the enemy loves to do the same thing, offtopic--in my tests vs Borg Ships i.e. when I'm boarded I pretty much have to evacuate the ship.

Easter Eggs might make you laugh and some unlock some new content. Most of them should remind you of some particular events from DS9. A big one is planned for an update, hint it has to do something with Badlands.

Oh and lately cordanilus has provided new GFX for suns

Some of you might have seen different brighter variations of these in another thread which have enhanced brightness.

And I'm not sure what to tell you anymore at the moment. Some things should be experienced in person.

Any questions?

I'm planning on using this in my main install but I have a few questions.
1. Are the ships in the mod going to cause issues for someone using different models, prior to installing DS9FXtended?
(EXAMPLE: There you have the SNS Galaxy Class. I stopped using the SNS Galaxy in favor of DJ's Galaxy. Will that cause problems?)

2. Same with star systems. I have no problem with removing single star systems from a previously installed pack as I wouldn't need 2 versions of Badlands from this mod and another system set that I have installed. But for people not used to messing around with systems, will the Badlands system in Xtended overwrite a previous system with the same name with no problems?

3. Are Cordie's sun effects only for the yellow suns in Xtended or will they effect all suns in the game? Would love to see those new effects on the other sun types (red giants, blue dwarves etc).

4. I think I know what that Badlands easter egg is. ;)

Thank you for putting in the work. It will be greatly appreciated.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #95 on: March 22, 2010, 08:59:37 AM »
As far as I know, Xtended uses ships, planets, systems under the "DS9FX" prefix so it shouldn't overwrite any other individual installs.  (ex. DS9FXBadlands)  As for the sun streaks, there are different colored streaks for each of the different colored suns in BC.  Yes, this included the purple suns as well.

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #96 on: March 22, 2010, 09:08:00 AM »
1. v3.0 even uses prefixed ships and models are placed in DS9FX directory not to overwrite anything
2. Prefixed systems not to conflict with anything
3. New rays are for all suns, streaks must be scripted in
Adding streaks is done by adding this to system creation line
Code: [Select]
# pSet = current set, "Sun" = placement name, 100000.0 = size of the streak, "Yellow" = color of the streak, "2" = 2 point streak stype
SunStreak.Create(pSet, "Sun", 100000.0, "Yellow", "2")
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #97 on: March 22, 2010, 11:18:25 AM »
a sequel will follow--in an update
Even mods have DLC now. :funny

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #98 on: March 22, 2010, 11:32:32 AM »
a sequel will follow--in an update
Even mods have DLC now. :funny

I resent that. At least the price is affordable = 1 cookie here at BCC or 1 krama at BCS :P
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #99 on: March 22, 2010, 11:42:17 AM »
theres your dawg cookie for the day Sov. BTW great work kudos to u and the DS9 FX team