Author Topic: DS9FX - Xtended  (Read 14507 times)

Offline CptBenSisko

• Cookies: 6
Re: DS9FX - Xtended
« Reply #60 on: July 06, 2009, 07:02:51 PM »
SWEET!!! and for Life Support no more taking damage and losing nacelles and getting holes punched through ships while the shields are still functioning???

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
« Reply #61 on: July 06, 2009, 07:06:52 PM »
SWEET!!! and for Life Support no more taking damage and losing nacelles and getting holes punched through ships while the shields are still functioning???

If the shield strength is > 20% no damage is applied, visual or systems taking damage. If it is less than 20% damage goes through. That's the way it is balanced.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #62 on: July 06, 2009, 07:27:41 PM »
Oh very cool. :]

Offline CptBenSisko

« Reply #63 on: July 06, 2009, 09:13:50 PM »
Thats awesome.....although if you keep concentrating your fire on one specific section of the shields...is it possible to breach the shields at that point?

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #64 on: July 06, 2009, 11:55:04 PM »
The addon monitors overall shield percentage not single and with a good reason. I actually did write code which determined single shield percentage based on weapon hit impact and from there it was determined if the damage could go through, but I had something to see in my debug tests... This was abandoned due to bugs in the actual engine. There was a poll about it couple of weeks ago in which it was decided to go along with what we currently have done.

Proper balancing has been done. So the feel should remain the same in terms of gameplay and feel.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline CptBenSisko

« Reply #65 on: July 07, 2009, 08:44:45 AM »
Good...i prefer the overall effect as opposed to what BC does now....also another question and I know i'm being a pain...are there any resolution mods out there for BC that work for Widescreen monitors?? I have an Acer 20" widescreen and BC is stretched due to not having a widescreen resolution? Anything I can do about that?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #66 on: July 07, 2009, 09:24:39 AM »
are there any resolution mods out there for BC that work for Widescreen monitors?? I have an Acer 20" widescreen and BC is stretched due to not having a widescreen resolution? Anything I can do about that?
there are threads already discussing that around these forums...  with a little bit of searching, youll find them...

Offline CptBenSisko

« Reply #67 on: July 07, 2009, 09:42:39 PM »
Okie dokie sounds good...will do!!

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #68 on: December 20, 2009, 10:14:47 PM »
No posts in a while... time to update the thread once again, I should update this more often:

-HPs have been rebalanced totally, hopefully you guys will like them.
No more drifting or anything should occur. I believe that was the main complaint by everyone.

-Progress on new DS9 Station is really going well (excellent work by cordanilus).
We're planning a surprise regarding the DS9. I think you won't have problems guessing what that might be, I'm not sure I've mentioned this before to anyone except the dev team though.

-Xtended features an awesome new Intro Video (again work by cordanilus)
Old intros are still there and can be randomized. But the new one will blow you away.

-Extensive GC 2.0 compatibility testing.
It's been tested with Galaxy Charts and the two mods supplement each other well, although missions can't be used if War Sim is turned on in GC.

-Fighting AI is more fun with now AI using the Life Support and harder.
AI can send boarding parties to other ships even you. I've been reported by beta team that it makes playing missions a lot harder and the combat in usual. Of course it can be turned off, but why would you want turn off that?

So basically in the midst of battle your allies might turn on you, better watch your back.

This feature works particulary well with Galaxy Charts as the AI makes active notice of crew supply. Something we've arranged long time ago (me and Frontier).

In short that would be it.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
  • Cookies: 575
  • Never Forget Your Origins
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2009, 12:19:25 AM »
That was a mean post lol, fought ds9 fx died or somthing, and then i finally got over the need for it, just for it to be rubbed into my face again lol  :funny

guys can't wait to see some new pic's and more stuff, really can't wait to play this
u got a website??

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2009, 07:36:29 AM »
That was a mean post lol, fought ds9 fx died or somthing, and then i finally got over the need for it, just for it to be rubbed into my face again lol  :funny

guys can't wait to see some new pic's and more stuff, really can't wait to play this
u got a website??

1. That was an Aprils Folls joke. Dont feel bad. I fell for it too. Hate April Folls.  :mad

2. Yes, http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2009, 02:26:51 PM »
That was a mean post lol, fought ds9 fx died or somthing, and then i finally got over the need for it, just for it to be rubbed into my face again lol  :funny

u got a website??

http://www.bcs-tng.com/portal/?q=xtendedgallery
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Tuskin38

• Cookies: 111
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2009, 10:17:10 PM »
We will be able to install this over a fresh install of BC + KM when it comes out?

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #73 on: December 22, 2009, 01:22:33 PM »
We will be able to install this over a fresh install of BC + KM when it comes out?

Yes as long as it's installed after GC 2.0 due to DS9FXE providing its own system plugins for GC otherwise you encounter some problems with GC.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Mario

• Administrator
  • Life is life
« Reply #74 on: March 06, 2010, 08:49:37 PM »
I figured I'd only update this thread with an announcement of a release date: Somewhere within 3 months Xtended will land to your BC. Expect future updates to Xtended with more systems\missions naturally.
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #75 on: March 06, 2010, 09:13:52 PM »
I figured I'd only update this thread with an announcement of a release date: Somewhere within 3 months Xtended will land to your BC. Expect future updates to Xtended with more systems\missions naturally.

Awesomesauce!  :D
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline WileyCoyote

• The Other Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1219
  • Awesome-sauce factory owner
« Reply #76 on: March 06, 2010, 11:45:09 PM »
Awesomesauce!
Cool beans! (Goes great with awesomesauce):D I can't wait for the new Badlands system.
Please visit my Deviantart page at www.trekmodeler.deviantart.com.

My website is up! Download my ships here: http://www.michaelwileyart.com

Offline stardestroyer001

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #77 on: March 20, 2010, 05:44:19 PM »
Awesome, it'll be out by summertime  :)

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #78 on: March 20, 2010, 05:47:42 PM »
oh really :serious:

Offline Dalek

• Cookies: 206
« Reply #79 on: March 20, 2010, 05:50:35 PM »

:D Somewhere around summertime. ;)
"To live on as we have is to leave behind joy, and love, and companionship, because we know it to be transitory, of the moment. We know it will turn to ash. Only those whose lives are brief can imagine that love is eternal. You should embrace that remarkable illusion. It may be the greatest gift your race has ever received."

- Lorien