Author Topic: Hardpoints editor with model preview.. work in progress!  (Read 14418 times)

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
Re: Hardpoints editor with model preview.. work in progress!
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2008, 04:10:50 PM »
he was wondering if you should be able to see the textures from the inside... if it was some sort of gfx glich
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2008, 04:36:10 PM »
MPE does something similar, does it matter?

This is great work. Adding glows and the ability to see nanofx blinkers would be very handy (to aid with blinker placement).

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2008, 06:34:07 PM »
MPE does something similar, does it matter?

This is great work. Adding glows and the ability to see nanofx blinkers would be very handy (to aid with blinker placement).

It don't matter if MPE can do it , and then this do it.
BCSMC does like BCMP, only more and safer.
Indeed, but I for one really like the thing about the phaser placements.
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Jernej

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2008, 02:34:39 AM »
MPE BCSMC BCMP

Sorry.. i got lost at "MPE", care to explain what all those acronyms stand for? i'm not exactly knowledgeable with all these tools you use..

Offline Nebula

• BC elder / BCC Vice Admin
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1129
  • KM - Mod Team Member & BC - Elder (2002)
    • 9th fleet HQ
« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2008, 02:36:49 AM »
MPE = model property editor; thats basically what you are making....

BCSMC is just a tool to add ships into BC same with BCMP
Canon is what people argue exists on ships that don't exist.

Offline FekLeyr Targ

• DS9FX Team
  • Cookies: 537
« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2008, 07:34:14 AM »
I've also tested it myself and I'm impressed.
TaH pagh, Tah be.

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2008, 07:42:56 AM »
[quote author=Jernej 

Sorry.. i got lost at "MPE", care to explain what all those acronyms stand for? i'm not exactly knowledgeable with all these tools you use..

[/quote]

Sorry,  MPE [model property editor], BCSMC  [bridge commander ship menu creator], BCMP [you know if forgot]

I been using BCSMC for so long no I forgor , BCSMC is far superior than BCMP, you could really mess-up you install if you pushed the wrong button in BCMP.

Oh some more you might hear SDK [softeare developement kit] , TDE [tactial display editor], BCMI [bridge commander mod installer] 
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2008, 07:49:34 AM »
Actually that's a good point, if you can integrate the Tactical Display elements too, we'd no longer need to use the buggy TDE, and your program can be a one stop shop.

Jernej

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2008, 10:57:00 AM »
I'm going to need one good hardpointer that also knows python to which i can talk on msn, there's so many parameters in hardpoint files and i need someone that knows this stuff well, to explain it all to me.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2008, 12:02:15 PM »
What do you want to know?
That would be more usefull?

Or rather, what do you want to do with that knowledge?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Jernej

« Reply #30 on: May 02, 2008, 12:48:06 PM »
What do you want to know?
That would be more usefull?

Or rather, what do you want to do with that knowledge?

Well who else is going to explain me how arcs, federation phaser strips and tactical display parameters work? it can take me a long time to figure it all out by myself..

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #31 on: May 02, 2008, 01:23:41 PM »
Good thing I asked then, since I was thinking that you were asking how to import/read the py files without BC or how to output the new data.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #32 on: May 02, 2008, 01:32:46 PM »
It might be a good idea for you to have a look at both the MPE and TDE with a ship and HP loaded and see what sort of values your dealing with, get a feel for them.

Just thought it would be easier than trying to describe it via MSN or posts.

Picard_1

« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2008, 08:15:38 PM »
I've found some ships with the phaserbank properties set so large that anytime you make a hot on the saucer it damages all of them (while this may be realistic for tos, we've seen ships fire with heavy hull damage in later times

TOS and TMP ships seemed capable of dishing out phasers and torpedoes with heavy damage, but I remember the Enterprise D had all power severed to the forward phasers in "Yesterday's Enterprise." Geordi was also yapping about power cuff links being damaged or down. Instead of having damage done to the phaser hp itself, maybe a script could be created for having to damage power systems in order to cut power to weapons.

I thought the EPS power grid in STTNG A Final Unity worked well. The more damage you took the the EPS, the less power you had available to weapons, shields, sensors, and other ship systems.

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #34 on: May 02, 2008, 08:23:35 PM »
I've found some ships with the phaserbank properties set so large that anytime you make a hot on the saucer it damages all of them (while this may be realistic for tos, we've seen ships fire with heavy hull damage in later times

TOS and TMP ships seemed capable of dishing out phasers and torpedoes with heavy damage, but I remember the Enterprise D had all power severed to the forward phasers in "Yesterday's Enterprise." Geordi was also yapping about power cuff links being damaged or down. Instead of having damage done to the phaser hp itself, maybe a script could be created for having to damage power systems in order to cut power to weapons.

I thought the EPS power grid in STTNG A Final Unity worked well. The more damage you took the the EPS, the less power you had available to weapons, shields, sensors, and other ship systems.

Well, that's not really an issue with the hp editor, but with the game. Lets make sure this thread stays about the editor and not a "modding ideas thread"

Don't forget also that when making a new property such as a phaserbank, it cannot begin with a number, and there can't be any funny characters in it, only letters. Numbers can be used just not at the begnning.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Jernej

« Reply #35 on: May 03, 2008, 08:20:43 AM »
off-topic: The excalibur in kb/m has phaser grid which you can destroy to cut off power to phasers..

Speaking of what damage to phasers is canon / realistic / fun: you guys need to realise that canon is non-consistient, realistic is not fun, and what is fun doesn't have to follow the movies or tv series.

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #36 on: May 03, 2008, 08:38:22 AM »
Speaking of what damage to phasers is canon / realistic / fun: you guys need to realise that canon is non-consistient, realistic is not fun, and what is fun doesn't have to follow the movies or tv series.
QFT!

Seriously, if you need any HP specific info though, let me know.

Picard_1

« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2008, 01:12:15 AM »

Everyone has their own ideas about how things should be in the Star Trek universe, but canon material is a good reference guide. It also serves a basis for ship stats.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2008, 03:24:16 AM »
I tried this out, nifty little viewer, but with Khaliban's 1701-A, after my little retexture, parts of the hull texture don't show up.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #39 on: May 04, 2008, 06:39:20 AM »
Yes, I noticed that, it doesn't like some of the tga's and others it loads fine, it seems to be random from what I can tell though.