Author Topic: Disable Inacurate Phasers? KM...  (Read 1250 times)

Offline Daimo

• Cookies: 0
Disable Inacurate Phasers? KM...
« on: April 29, 2008, 09:11:29 AM »
It seems it comes with KM1.0 and it's bugging the hell out of me. As far as I can see theres no mutator option, I cant even find the .pys that come with the seperate mod package. I'm thinking it will be as simple as putting a # somewhere in one of the script files.

If i'm controlling the speed/direction of the ship, juggling the EPS grid, assigning emergency repair, issuing orders to the fleet, firing weapon systems, why should I have to aim because my tactical officer was too lazy to calibrate the phasers...ever! Rant over lol.

Offline Erk

• never forget the name... Enterprise
  • Cookies: 5
  • Enterprise: boldness or readiness in undertaking
Re: Disable Inacurate Phasers? KM...
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2008, 10:08:28 AM »
it may run off the script used in one of the missions. i recall one of the first missions with the USS Sovereign where you test weapons. If you can find the script to that you may know what to look for.

the inaccurate phasers is actually... accurate believe it or not. Originally in the game the phasers would hit all the time, which just isnt true to Star Trek. What your experiencing with the commanding and ordering with your ship is just like every starship captain. Just watch DS9, youll see what i mean.  :)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2008, 01:19:37 PM »
It's FoundationTech

Do know that if you turn off Inaccurate Phasers you can't play in MP anymore (unless the other parties also have it turned off and in exactly the same way)?

I don't really recommend doing it anyway. So I won't help much if you mess this up.

Open the file scripts/Custom/Autoload/LoadFoundationTech.py
Then put a # in front of the line starting with: oIPhasers =

Save and you won't have inaccurate phasers.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Daimo

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2008, 02:49:50 PM »
So I was on the right track, thanks guys.

MP is not an issue for me, seperate install.

If you don't mind me saying MLeo you come off a bit blunt, I am new to the forums but not to BC ;)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2008, 03:03:31 PM »
So I was on the right track, thanks guys.

MP is not an issue for me, seperate install.

If you don't mind me saying MLeo you come off a bit blunt, I am new to the forums but not to BC ;)
Being new doesn't matter in this case, I never promised support on customized FoundationTech installs, and requests like this usually (75%) end up in my inbox in one way or another. So I don't like to "promote" it.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2008, 04:47:06 PM »
Is there a way to make the phasers just slightly more accurate?
I mean so that I can still have inaccurate phasers but they only miss by a few meters and not by a dozen kilometers, as is often the case at range.

Picard_1

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2008, 09:15:30 PM »
You can increase sensor power, or you can edit the values for inaccurate phasers in Foundation.py

I'm not good at scripting, but using basic algebra, this is what I gather:

Basically, we can't do anything with
Code: [Select]
Code:
if fMiss <= 0.0:

this is because we don't know the variable(i.e., range, limit, how is was set)

if you set up the code as an equation, you get a better idea of how it works

For example:
Here is the equation, X = Y/Z
in order to increase X, increase Y and decrease Z
in order to decrease X, decrease Y, and increase Z

so if you want to decrease fMiss, then decrease 2.2 to infinity e.g., 0.00001

or increase 1.0 to infinity e.g., 2.0

hope this helps