Author Topic: Ships dissapearing in game  (Read 947 times)

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
Ships dissapearing in game
« on: April 20, 2008, 08:58:26 AM »
Hi I installed the USS Zandura with BCMP but after doing that most of my ships in my KM 1.0 install of BC have disappeared from the menu. I have no Borg or Dominion and many Klingon, Romulan and Fed ships are gone. Anyone have any idea what might have caused this?

Thanks,

Luke

BTW all the textures and hp's appear to be in my BC directory so I don't think they've been deleted.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Mario

• Senior Software Developer
  • Administrator
  • Cookies: 1706
  • Life is life
Re: Ships dissapearing in game
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2008, 09:11:53 AM »
Did the program prompt you that some ships don't exist on your install and so on... If so, you can manually restore the plugins in the scripts\custom\ships directory by renaming the extensions from .disabled to .py

Or you can
1. Download and run this (it automates the job which I described above): http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/BCMP_File_Checker_Fixer;82264
2. Download and use BCSMC (it also has the following tool incorporated): http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Bridge_Commander_Ship_Menu_Creator;88528
Acta, non verba.
aka USS Sovereign

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 09:52:57 AM »
Do what Sov said, and also uninstall BCMP and never look back.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 09:58:33 AM »
Thanks guys i'll try those things out now. One question though, if I uninstall BCMP will i still be able to play the Zandura? I'm retexturing it.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 10:01:38 AM »
Yes, the ship won't go away, only the faulty BCMP.