Author Topic: Star trek 11 Fan-art  (Read 1635 times)

Offline vipergb34

• Cookies: 1
Star trek 11 Fan-art
« on: April 20, 2008, 07:56:04 PM »
I found this fan-art image on www.scifi-meshes.com.
I think its an interesting take on what the Enterprise might look like in Star Trek XI.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
Re: Star trek 11 Fan-art
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2008, 05:29:35 AM »
The warp engines bussards are huge.  :shock:

If it does turn out to look almost exactly like that, then CBS/Paramount is going to receive alot of hate mail.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2008, 07:10:50 AM »
In forward view, I can't say that these bussards look much bigger than the original ones. Don't see what the problem is.
Official BCC Discord ยท https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline 1701-E

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2008, 08:19:01 AM »
In forward view, I can't say that these bussards look much bigger than the original ones. Don't see what the problem is.

I agree they don't seem much bigger at all.

Sandtrooper

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2008, 04:23:37 PM »
Quick, get a comparison image!

Its not too much of a difference, the sensor dish looks more sophisticated but its in it's "Production" size. Why bother streamlining the nacelles? I'm not too sure what to say here but the ship looks "okay" in my opinion.

No matter what ppl say about Trek XI, I'll watch it because I don't have TV access to any channel that has Star Trek on their programming, and I want some Trek in my system, I've been drained of it for too long.

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2008, 05:32:30 PM »
Well, except for the fact that the warp nacelle fins are totally wrong given what we saw in the trailer, I won't be too upset if this is what the Enterprise will look like.  It definitely looks like the big E, and it seems to give the same sense that I'm seeing from the trailer, that they're trying to keep it in the spirit of the original, but also make it to where if/when it bridges into the TMP Enterprise, it doesn't look like a total rebuild.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Weasel

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2008, 05:52:26 PM »
I'm not hating it, but I'd have much preferred Gabe's.

Offline Senator

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 226
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2008, 07:57:03 PM »
I don't like the forward part of the nacelles. Specifically the "helmet" thing, it looks like something that has been put there just in order to look "cool", and that in my definition of cool is uncool.

Specifically if it just didn't have that line separating it from the rest of the nacelle rather was part of it I would have no problem with it, even if it had the exact same bulge, but just because it has that line, all the rest of the ship seems to have been welded seamlessly and then this was "stuck on".

Sandtrooper

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2008, 08:35:02 PM »
I guess whoever designed this had "Nacelle Separation" in mind, its canon I believe (mentioned, not seen)...

Weasel

« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2008, 02:44:21 AM »
I think Senator meant the bussards at the front of the nacelle.

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2008, 09:26:48 AM »
here's a comparison shot with other ENTs from the TrekBBs:

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2008, 09:58:28 AM »
Well, I personally think the warp nacelles look cool, and they seem to have more of a sense of power rather than looking like giant cigars.  :P

My biggest beefs with this guy's envisioning of what the movie ship will look like have to do with the nacelles...sort of.  First off, he completely ignored the entire trailer as far as the nacelle intercooling fins go.  They were shown as being much smaller, barely visible from the forward view, and having a similar shape to the originals, not shark fin.  Secondly, the nacelle pylons would need to be a bit thicker, to accomodate the larger nacelles.  And the rear half of the secondary hull should be enlarged, it looks too small, even for the Enterprise.  Also, the entire idea of the original Enterprise having the torpedos in the neck is kinda silly.  And does the ship really need that many airlocks?  :P

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2008, 01:27:27 PM »
for all you know the ship we saw on that 30 second trailer might not even look close to the final product that we will see in XI,
And stop being so critical man,
Its just a pic some dude decided to draw up using his imagination..  :arms:

Offline Senator

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 226
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2008, 02:19:10 PM »
I didn't know it was fanart, for some reason when I first fast-read the thread the first time I got the idea that it was concept art from the movie. :?

Edit: And because I still feel guilty to clarify what I mean with this:

There is a small difference between an Individual's Fanart and a commercial product's Concept Art in my view. About a movie ticket's cost difference.

Fanart is something someone does for himself and anyone else that might like it. It is his, held to his standards and have No Right to want him to change it and any other day of the week, I am usually the one getting mad at those doing posts like, erm, mine. I might not have paid money for it, but he never asked, and the mere act of seeing "something" instead of "nothing" makes it -awesome- by default.

Concept art on the other hand is coming from someone (the studio) who intents in the future to sell it to me (obviously an artist did that as well, but he got paid and in turn the studio intents to recover that money from the movie tickets) I can be honest of how I would like it to ideally be.

Point is if I knew that this was a fanart, I would NEVER criticize it.

Offline Shadowknight1

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2008, 04:59:05 PM »
for all you know the ship we saw on that 30 second trailer might not even look close to the final product that we will see in XI,
And stop being so critical man,
Its just a pic some dude decided to draw up using his imagination..  :arms:

Sorry, I realized after I posted how negative it sounded.  Yeah, it could do with improvement.  But still, that he came up with that just from what was seen in the trailer and his imagination is great.  The most I could do was just draw the basic shape. :P  That being said...if the actual ship in the movie looked exactly like that art...I would be very satisfied. :)

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2008, 10:31:45 AM »
Yeah, I think, apart from Gabe Koerner's re-imagined Enterpise this is the cooles thing we got in terms of a new big E for Trek XI :) Roll on, summer of 2009!

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!