Author Topic: Post dom-war excelsior refit  (Read 22670 times)

Offline Centurus

• If you're reading this, you're missing out on something better.
  • Cookies: 68
  • BOW BEFORE THE POWER OF MY RUBBER CHICKENS!!!
Re: Post dom-war excelsior refit
« Reply #160 on: May 26, 2008, 02:27:44 PM »
McCoy, I'm sending you my cleaning bill.  I ***** my pants when I saw this incredible retexture.

Edited for langauge - El.

overshare...

You know me well enough to know I was keeping alot of info contained.   :D

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #161 on: May 26, 2008, 03:32:45 PM »
Oh dear gods, hush! >_< Before my brain melts!

McCoy, beautiful work on this so far.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #162 on: May 26, 2008, 03:48:08 PM »
Thanks for cookies lads :D glad you like this ship, I just finished HP and I came with two versions so you'll have choice beetwen one main dorsal and ventral saucer phaser array (like on galaxy) and the main array divided to 5 arcs (like on sovereign or DS9 galaxy) the first one will be of course powerful and fast phaser and 5-arcs array will be balanced to compensate ammount of phasers and their power.
I'll do some regs now and hopefully this ship will be ready for beta testing tomorrow :D and eventually released in few days ;)

EDIT: update on registry
this is first registry, there will be also NCC-76922 U.S.S. WARSAW and NCC- (forgot the number) -B  U.S.S HOOD (HOOD will be continued lineage of uss hood ships)

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #163 on: May 27, 2008, 10:23:06 AM »
Hmm...dunno about the spelling but I like Krakow better than Cracow (besides the fact that both spellings in english are correct it seems: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krakow ). You could tho include the city's coat of arms on the ship...I think it would look really cool.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Commander_One

• Chief of Operations, USS Bo Jangles
  • Cookies: 8
  • Peace and Long Life...Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #164 on: May 27, 2008, 11:32:57 AM »
I like the "K" version as well...I think it would just look better.  The ship looks fantastic!!  I can hardly wait to try her out!  Great job indeed!

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #165 on: May 27, 2008, 01:43:58 PM »
Yeah I also thought about Krak?w - pure form of this name in Polish, but I doubt starfleet ever used localized lettering like '?' or ?,?,? etc. etc. I think the best way to resolve this name will be ... poll :D

Offline mckinneyc

• Screenshot Master
  • Cookies: 151
  • Screenshot Master
    • My DA page
« Reply #166 on: May 27, 2008, 02:37:19 PM »
Hey Doc, she looks great. May I suggest that since the Hood took part in some of the major battles during the war you only give her an A prefix?

Also would be great to see perhaps some other Excelsior names like Repulse, Cairo and the Melbourne but with newer registries.

Can't wait for this baby.  :D

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #167 on: May 27, 2008, 02:55:38 PM »
Hmm...dunno about the spelling but I like Krakow better than Cracow (besides the fact that both spellings in english are correct it seems: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Krakow ). You could tho include the city's coat of arms on the ship...I think it would look really cool.

That's excellent idea about the coat of arms, I'll give it a try ;)
So far almost everyone voted for Krakow so I guess I'll change that reg to Krakow instead of Cracow.

As for the other Excelsiors I think I can spare some additional 5 megs of regs, you now the more the merryer :D

Offline Aeries

« Reply #168 on: May 27, 2008, 03:00:00 PM »
That's a mighty fine ship you've got there, doc. Mighty fine indeed.

Offline Commander_One

• Chief of Operations, USS Bo Jangles
  • Cookies: 8
  • Peace and Long Life...Live Long and Prosper
« Reply #169 on: May 27, 2008, 03:03:23 PM »
Krakow will definitely look good on her hull!  I look forward to what other names you will come up with as well.

This would be a ship any captain would be proud of.  Excellent work for sure!

Offline Adonis

• Ze Meister xP
  • Cookies: 84
  • Da Death Squad ???
    • Star Trek Excalibur
« Reply #170 on: May 27, 2008, 05:57:19 PM »

That's excellent idea about the coat of arms, I'll give it a try ;)
So far almost everyone voted for Krakow so I guess I'll change that reg to Krakow instead of Cracow.

As for the other Excelsiors I think I can spare some additional 5 megs of regs, you now the more the merryer :D

For the coat of arms placements, look at my Novi Sad class. I did them on her too.
Easy is the path to wisdom for those not blinded by themselves.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2008, 06:37:36 PM »
I thonk I've found the right spot for it, funny thing it reminds me now of C.P.P. Potkustart from Star Wreckc :D they also had big P-Leivasto (I think that was the name :P ) insignia on saucer and sec hull :D

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #172 on: May 28, 2008, 06:13:12 PM »
I thonk I've found the right spot for it, funny thing it reminds me now of C.P.P. Potkustart from Star Wreckc :D they also had big P-Leivasto (I think that was the name :P ) insignia on saucer and sec hull :D
Ahh yes! Once I'm done with my "Island" Uniforms, I will making CPP registries for my own install.

I'm loving this ship Bones. Keep up the excellent work.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #173 on: June 04, 2008, 03:27:38 PM »
Another problem = another delay ;( I've broke my arm few hours ago and just came back from hospital :( tho good doc said this was very minor broke and bone will recover in about 2 weaks.
this will slow down my works significantly as this is my right arm ;( hopefully I'll be able to allign regs with left arm ;)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #174 on: June 04, 2008, 03:42:45 PM »
ouch!! how did you break your arm??  hopefully they gave ya some good painkillers tho!  :D

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #175 on: June 04, 2008, 05:48:08 PM »
Well it hurt less than I thought :D I know one thing for sure, this was my first and last ride on skateboard :D it turned to be harder than in Tony Hawk's Pro Skater  :P

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #176 on: June 04, 2008, 06:29:31 PM »
ouch, that's gotta hurt-

anyways, if you're gonna name this ship after the city, it's "Krakow".
the original one should be written in cyrilic, but the converted letters are those, so it's legal I think lol

btw, don't wanna blow down this ship, it's really a good mod, but dude, you should really do an ambassador
by the time of NEM, surely the excelsior is way outdated, I think this same style would also look nice on an ambassador.
the stock BC could look like a sort of refit of the Ent-C style one.
once you finish this one, why don't you try the same color scheme on it?

Offline CptBenSisko

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #177 on: June 04, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »
I can't wait for this ship. I hope your arm gets better fast. But regardless..get well properly so that you can keep up the same level of quality that you have

Offline Aeries

« Reply #178 on: June 04, 2008, 06:49:56 PM »
get well soon, doc.

Offline Phoenix Bondi

• REMEMBER YOUR ORIGIN
  • Cookies: 575
  • Never Forget Your Origins
    • CHRIS JONES GAMING
« Reply #179 on: June 04, 2008, 06:54:15 PM »
indeed i know what it's like to be ill, but lucky for me, being ill for 3 weeks has really given me time to practice, best of luck to ya get well soon :p