Author Topic: Post dom-war excelsior refit  (Read 22764 times)

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
Re: Post dom-war excelsior refit
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2008, 04:38:40 PM »
I think you could leave the decks being around 30-ish. The sovereign's larger, yes, but longer and sleeker; not as tall. This girl's taller, less sleek and bulkier. Makes sense to me that she may have more decks, yet overall smaller than a Sov. So to me it looks good, though I could be wrong in my assumptions. Just my thoughts is all...

-Aeries.

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2008, 05:26:20 PM »
According to DITL (which is known for not being entirely accurate), says the Excelsior was around 100 meters in height with 28 decks, compared to the Sovereign which has 24 decks and 87 meters in height.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

admiral homer

« Reply #82 on: February 29, 2008, 06:28:26 AM »
SLightly off topic for a min and i appologise for it, why did data in nemesis say there was 29 decks and yet in FC picard said there was 24 decks. I dont get. Plus in FC a security officer said there was 26 decks. Is the enterprise e just an expanding ship that never stops growing? Sorry for going off topic again

By the way loving the look of this ship, i always felt that the excel needed a new refit and you have done it justice mate. Have a cookie

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #83 on: February 29, 2008, 07:12:03 AM »
I never count anything to be canon from nemesis, as this movie had almost as much inconsistencies as enterprise did, so I think sov had 26 decks, maybe picard forgot basic info about his ship, it has been said that it was new ship and they were getting know of it in FC.

admiral homer

« Reply #84 on: February 29, 2008, 08:23:06 AM »
true. anyway loving the ship mate keep it up

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #85 on: February 29, 2008, 11:51:11 AM »
I never count anything to be canon from nemesis, as this movie had almost as much inconsistencies as enterprise did, so I think sov had 26 decks, maybe picard forgot basic info about his ship, it has been said that it was new ship and they were getting know of it in FC.

Another explanation could be that the Enterprise-E had 24 "habitable" decks, whereas the other 2 decks mentioned in First Contact might be various types of storage bays etc.

Anyways... back on topic :D
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Shadowknight1

• Cookies: 71
  • Star Trek Into Darkness
« Reply #86 on: February 29, 2008, 08:43:47 PM »
SLightly off topic for a min and i appologise for it, why did data in nemesis say there was 29 decks and yet in FC picard said there was 24 decks. I dont get. Plus in FC a security officer said there was 26 decks. Is the enterprise e just an expanding ship that never stops growing? Sorry for going off topic again

Actually, if you consider the changes to the Enterprise's design, it's very possible that the Enterprise underwent a massive refit during the Dominion War, similar to the 1701's refit, thereby adding a few decks.

I think this updated Excelsior design looks fantastic, and worthy of her name.

To Boldly Go...Again.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #87 on: March 13, 2008, 09:44:17 AM »
Long time no update but don't worry I've finally found some free time and successfully rehardpointed and placed this ship ingame, tho there is no pic cuz when I hit F12 or PrintScreen nothing happens :x but to be honest there is nothing new added to textures :D Still have to finish up top and bottom saucer + top secondary hull then alpha channels.
Later today I'll work on saucer and possibly post some pics so keep your eyes open ;)

Offline Technerd89

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #88 on: March 13, 2008, 01:18:06 PM »
no offense if im stating something obvious to you, but the PrintScreen button takes a copy of the current frame and loads it into the Windows clipboard. You will need to paste the image into an image editing program (even as simple as MSPaint) and save it. Its not like more modern games that will automatically save a screenshot file for you

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #89 on: March 13, 2008, 01:20:00 PM »
no offense if im stating something obvious to you, but the PrintScreen button takes a copy of the current frame and loads it into the Windows clipboard. You will need to paste the image into an image editing program (even as simple as MSPaint) and save it. Its not like more modern games that will automatically save a screenshot file for you

Correction. I do believe BC did that for me on more than one occasion some time ago. ;)

Saved it in the default BC directory under screenshots, if I'm not too terribly mistaken.

Could just be my memory, though, I am fairly certain that it did save them automatically for me.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #90 on: March 13, 2008, 03:27:47 PM »

By saying nothing happens I meant nothing happens at all... so ... nothing happens when I try to paste it into any editor (actually I know how to use print screen button :D )

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #91 on: March 13, 2008, 05:10:13 PM »
Use the built in BC screenshot function?

Offline Shion

• Cookies: 4
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2008, 12:15:31 AM »
BC will automatically take pictures for you using the print screen button if and only if, you have a folder in your BC directory named "Screen Shots" with the space.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2008, 09:40:47 AM »
as I said nothing happens, I'll reinstall BC and see what can be done, tho time is now my worst enemy :( I can barely find a minute, but no worries will finish it up :D

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2008, 09:44:49 AM »
Try fraps may just work.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #95 on: March 23, 2008, 11:11:10 AM »
Time for update :D all alphas are done, 90 % of textures are done, still working on that bottom saucer adding some details etc. but it still looks kinda plain, I'm not going to add any windows into this section cuz it would look ridiculous to have windows on the floor :) anyways take a look on it

btw. I have totally reworked textures on pylons, now they look much better

EDIT: it is ingame no tho I think something gone wrong with nacelles cuz some parts of them are transparent :S I dunno what to do about that, any ideas ?

Offline rengers

• Cookies: 306
  • ship modeler
« Reply #96 on: March 23, 2008, 12:08:27 PM »
I looks very nice, awsome work :D
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #97 on: March 23, 2008, 12:29:01 PM »
Hm those nacelles bug is weird, cuz I thought it's the texture error but no, I tried to delete alpha channel from it but that didn't help, I saw the same problem on hawkeye sovereign retexture and it was all about opacity but how do I change it with milkshape or anything ?

Offline Technerd89

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #98 on: March 23, 2008, 12:30:51 PM »
apart from the nacelle bug, my only beef is the transporter emitters on the bottom of the saucer in picture 1. theyre shape just seems...awkwardly random. nice work though

Offline rengers

• Cookies: 306
  • ship modeler
« Reply #99 on: March 23, 2008, 12:41:09 PM »
This nacelle bug looks like inverted faces, I had the same problem when I have exported the Elysion from blender to max.
It's easy to fix, but I don't know how to do it in Milkshape, just in max and in blender :?
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." - Albert Einstein (1879-1955)