Author Topic: Post dom-war excelsior refit  (Read 22765 times)

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
Re: Post dom-war excelsior refit
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2008, 06:33:33 PM »
You mean just below? In that case, yes. The 4 tubes are in the black ribbed "neck" of the ship.

I am talking about the two launchers east and west of the deflector dish. Those are probe launchers.

There should not be any tubes above the saucer.

Offline Aeries

• Cookies: 226
« Reply #61 on: February 26, 2008, 06:42:15 PM »
No, no, I know which you're talking about. :)

Sorry for my previous statement, I *meant* "just above the deflector" :/ I need my glasses, and more sleep... right about now... *rams face into keyboard* Zzzz...

Offline Shion

• Cookies: 4
« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2008, 01:45:55 AM »
The torpedo tubes are the 2 holes on either side of the deflector.  Which can clearly be seen in ST:VI and the below screenshot.  The things on the neck, whatever they are, are not torpedo launchers.

Offline Aeries

« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2008, 01:51:15 AM »
Finally, visual clarification. I KNEW IT! :D

Thank you shion! :D

-Aeries

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2008, 02:35:40 AM »
(lol at the torp tubes discussion  :lol: ) would be easier if you both just looked at any schematic available  :lol:

I'll double check that white plating but even now I'm pretty sure that colors were taken straight from CG Sov, but I'll check it anyway :D a for the neck I'll see what can be done about it.

Thx for advices and for cookies guys :D

Offline Aeries

« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2008, 02:58:46 AM »
(lol at the torp tubes discussion  :lol: ) would be easier if you both just looked at any schematic available  :lol:

I r smrt?
Lolzzzz.

Haha, kidding...

Good luck with this, dude. :)

-Aeries.

Offline Technerd89

• Cookies: 2
« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2008, 03:12:06 AM »
while the torpedo dispute has already been settled, it never should have taken place. the base model is the SORCERER not the excelsior, it may not have ever had launchers in the neck section. have a cookie doc

Offline Shion

• Cookies: 4
« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2008, 03:40:56 AM »
while the torpedo dispute has already been settled, it never should have taken place. the base model is the SORCERER not the excelsior, it may not have ever had launchers in the neck section. have a cookie doc

Indeed it is, sometimes it's so hard to stay on topic. 

Now on that subject, I think the Saucer looks fine, I'm actually more interested in getting a different view of the new nacelles, as its hard to tell how much they actually flow with the ship from that one image.

However it is looking to be very nice.  Can't wait to see more of it, keep up the good work and have a cookie.

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #68 on: February 27, 2008, 09:12:11 AM »
here is a better shot showing whole ship with nacelles and a pic of  sensor pods and escape pods on dorsal saucer

Offline 1701-E

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #69 on: February 27, 2008, 09:50:38 AM »
Looking nice there Doc.

Weasel

« Reply #70 on: February 27, 2008, 10:39:07 AM »
You know, I love just about all of it, except for the black "hash marks" on the nacelle pylons. Have you considered something a bit more subtle, or different for the "wings"?

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #71 on: February 27, 2008, 11:19:24 AM »
You know, I love just about all of it, except for the black "hash marks" on the nacelle pylons. Have you considered something a bit more subtle, or different for the "wings"?

yeah I haven't started retexturing it yet, this is just 10 secs. job to fill empty place on pylons :D I have something far better than this so don't worry ;)

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #72 on: February 27, 2008, 11:52:43 AM »
About the phaser arrays on the saucer, they appear to be divided arcs?

Divided arcs only really work well when the HP is set to multifire (like the CG Sovvy), otherwise to be combat effective you need full continueous arcs like the Galaxy and Akira.

Just a suggestion.

El

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2008, 12:11:21 PM »
Actually I was thinking about haveing one firing arc on saucer just like on SNS Galaxy, It would be very powerful, short burst, quick recharge, tho I may consider makeing phasers the way I made them in post nemesis enterprise-e, medium strenght, very short bursts and very fast recharge rate + multifire (this would be very similiar to the way phasers fired in Nemesis.

As for torpedos, ship will be equiped with standard nem style quantums, I don't think about placing torpedo turret or any other special gun which will rip enemu apart with one single shot ;) so don't worry this ain't gonna be "god ship"
There will be 4 tubes, 2 fore and 2 aft, forward tubes will fire 3 torps each and aft will fire 2 each.

Back to phasers I planned to have one single dorsal and ventral galaxy class style phaser arrays, two small strips on the aft dorsal saucer. On the secondary hull : one ventral array, one small phaser strip on the side of both pylons + sovereign style pylons phasers top & bottom.

Offline ChronowerX_GT

• ChronowerX Productions - Founder
  • Cookies: 36
    • ChronowerX Productions
« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2008, 04:35:21 PM »
Looking very nice. Reminds me of a bird for some reason. Perhaps a hawk.

Having a smoking section in a restaurant is kinda like having a peeing section in a pool...

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2008, 04:38:38 PM »
Back to phasers I planned to have one single dorsal and ventral galaxy class style phaser arrays, two small strips on the aft dorsal saucer. On the secondary hull : one ventral array, one small phaser strip on the side of both pylons + sovereign style pylons phasers top & bottom.

Sounds good to me, and also negates the need for multifire, which I tend to reserve for the most powerful ships anyway when HPing.

Offline Aeries

« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2008, 05:36:15 PM »
I like that view with the Nacelles. They're sleek, long, and compliment the overall design very well. Nicely done. :)

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #77 on: February 28, 2008, 03:01:03 PM »
Time for small update :D I've almost finished up top saucer, added windows, esc pods and sensors, still I have to finish front of the top saucer and fill up a little those white areas. I've also added windows to sec hull.

As promissed pylons textures are replaced, tho only one side  I wanted to give you comparision on styles that were used, new pylons textures are closer to sovereign style.

Take a look on pics :

Offline Dawg81

• Cookies: 29
  • I am Dawg; Resistence is futile
« Reply #78 on: February 28, 2008, 03:13:33 PM »
thats alot of decks u got there lol. Im loving this design cant wait to see what else u come up with

Offline Bones

• SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2008, 03:19:04 PM »
Right about those decks, on sorcerer there was 13 rows of windows I've put there only 12 tho still I think it should be 8 cuz I can't imagine this ship 30 decks while sov had 28-30 or something like that  :P this ship is about the same size as regular excelsior.
Any opinions about those decks on secondary hull are welcome.