Author Topic: Where to start  (Read 1401 times)

skipper

Where to start
« on: October 07, 2008, 06:21:40 AM »
Hi i have been away from Brdgecommander for sometime but now back.  But there are that many mods and version of mods that i dont no where to start installing.  I want to install the core plugin but which version do i install 1st.  Ive tried installing the GOLD version but it doent apear to work. 

Thanks

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Re: Where to start
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2008, 11:39:23 AM »
Here's what you ought to do to get started:
-Install a copy of BC to "Drive Letter":Games/Bridge Commander
-Install the 1.1 patch
-Download and install Kobayashi Maru 1.0 (Download links at their forum)
-Browse through the 3 threads we have here talking about good ships/mods and enjoy.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2008, 12:46:50 PM »
Hi i have been away from Brdgecommander for sometime but now back.  But there are that many mods and version of mods that i dont no where to start installing.  I want to install the core plugin but which version do i install 1st.  Ive tried installing the GOLD version but it doent apear to work. 

Thanks
How does it not appear to work?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

PJCham

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2008, 02:59:06 PM »
If you like the feel of Star Trek's travel via warp drive (as opposed to the more generic quick jump to anywhere), install Galaxy Charts after you've installed KM.

skipper

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2008, 10:44:23 AM »
Hi.  I install it as it says I also looked at mutator buttons ticked all them and nothing.  I will put a clean install on and try again.

Nice to see you still on Mleo.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2008, 12:14:30 PM »
BP Core by itself doesn't really improve anything directly. There are various bridges (I believe we, 3E, updated all bridges produced by 3E and previous incarnation, with the exception of the Romulan bridge, which needed replacement, to use BPCore in some way) that do use this.
The best known are the TOS bridges, and the Nebula bridge.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2008, 12:44:23 PM »
There is a Romulan bridge? :o

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2008, 12:59:30 PM »
there was some years ago by Occas i think?  but it was a bit of a mess if i recall correctly; some errors and such...

Offline Barihawk

• Ninth Fleet STO Commanding Officer
  • Cookies: 225
  • BC: The Aftermath Member
    • My Released Work
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2008, 01:06:24 PM »
Ah well, I will just have to wait for Excalibur and that nifty new Warbird bridge, then.

As for the original question, I should probably add a few:

-Solar Synthesis. The standalone version somehow looks better ingame.
-CE's Background Pack V2
-CE's Planet Pack V2

Coupled with KM1.0 they make for a very scenic flight.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2008, 01:10:09 PM »
there was some years ago by Occas i think?  but it was a bit of a mess if i recall correctly; some errors and such...
That's the one, and that's also the reason why we didn't update it together with the other bridges.