Author Topic: Screen Capture  (Read 942 times)

Offline Nathanius

• Intriguing...
  • Cookies: 0
  • STC - Developer
Screen Capture
« on: January 27, 2008, 12:54:37 AM »
Hello~

I have recently been tasked with doing a comparison movie for Bridge Commander and the new NanoFX GE.

I'd love to do it and i'm brimming with ideas and images of swooping ships and what not, but i'm not entirely sure what programs allow for video capture of whatever's being displayed on the monitor at any given time. I've looked through the forums to see what they used for KM 1.0 and that but without any luck. People either seem to know or they don't care to ask.

So i'm asking!

And if it requires expensive software don't worry, i'm in China at the moment, the land of the cheap knock-off!
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
Re: Screen Capture
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 05:36:47 AM »
Do a google for a program called Fraps,
you can get the trial, some of the features are limited cause its a trial but it might just be enough for your project,
People use it to record game footage.

Offline Nathanius

• Intriguing...
  • STC - Developer
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2008, 06:20:54 AM »
Thanks for that mate, I actually found three to try out, one looked pretty pro and had full functionaility for the trial period of 30 days. Fraps has a watermark and 30 second limit apparently... I don't have any way to pay for it so I'll see which one turns out best.
"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so." - Douglas Adams

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2008, 07:40:45 AM »
that sig...is that the old cerberus class?
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Nathanius

• Intriguing...
  • STC - Developer
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2008, 08:40:16 AM »
Indeed it is~ I made the sig with the Armada 2 SOD viewer and paint, I was trying to persuade (unsucessfully) someone to convert it for Bridge Commander, as i'd made a hero ship out of it in a mod for Armada 2 that I stitched together (i never released it, it was 95% other people's work~). It got a little blurry when I readjusted it to fit signature limits unfortunately...

you've got a sharp eye mate!

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2008, 05:40:13 PM »
nobody is going to port that, the armada sod has been around for years out of a p81 sod that's more outdated than the model T ford. I've been trying to bring back a few like the darkhawk for along time but nobody seems to think it's a worthwhile project to bring back the ships we all used to have back in the armada days. I mean...everyone had one of these modded into their mp1.9se's and battlestations and everything else. Fanboyish as they may of been they were popular.
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Nathanius

• Intriguing...
  • STC - Developer
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2008, 10:55:59 PM »
Being "fanboyish" was a good part of the fun!

I picked it because i wanted to justify the use of it's predecessor on Armada 1 with a big lightning weapon, i think it was called the lightning cascade... something about 3 warp cores and a superweapon~ but meh~

If i ever get enough free time to learn how to model one of the first things i'll do is bring Cerberus to BC. Thanks for at least telling me the reason the rest of them refused :P