Author Topic: Help with BSOD  (Read 1464 times)

bghtrbb

Help with BSOD
« on: January 23, 2008, 06:06:09 PM »
Ok I have the black screen wth the yellow mouse i created the batch file to run it in test mode then pushed the ` button once and then the enter button once while at the black screen i can still move the mouse but nothing happens and the only thing i have installed is foundation. What do i do?

[MLeo EDIT] I spit your post from the other topic, since it didn't have anything to do with it.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Help with BSOD
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 06:10:12 PM »
You did start it through the batch file?

What keyboard layout are you using?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

bghtrbb

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 06:12:28 PM »
yes and english us

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2008, 06:16:03 PM »
Then make sure you don't press shift with it.

If it isn't that, then put the attached file in scripts/Tactical
This puts BC into permanent TestMode (an uninstall is also avaidable).

Now your BC will be able to show the console, unless you are pressing the wrong button.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

bghtrbb

« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2008, 06:30:41 PM »
ok i put the file in and tryed running with the batch and without. im using vista would that matter also i have a program that i can host files online with would you like to see them that way?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 06:38:17 PM »
ok i put the file in and tryed running with the batch and without.
I'll assume you still haven't been able to pull down the console?

im using vista would that matter
Maybe only with the batchfile, but the __init__.py file (if placed correctly) should do the job.

also i have a program that i can host files online with would you like to see them that way?
An unmodified BC install has 1228 script files spread over 103 folders, so it would be searching for a needle in a haystack, and without 500+MB extra files to download I couldn't even properly start it.

Are you sure nothing changes (on the screen) when you press the ` button?

bghtrbb

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2008, 06:45:48 PM »
well once it looked like the mouse got a little smaller but i ran it again and did not see it happen again but thats it.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2008, 06:50:38 PM »
You did put the file in scripts/Tactical, right?

bghtrbb

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2008, 06:51:50 PM »
ya

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2008, 07:00:40 PM »
And you have verified that it's called exactly:
Code: [Select]
__init__.py
If so, then there is nothing holding you back to pull down the console.

What was the last thing you installed?

bghtrbb

« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2008, 07:16:00 PM »
ok ive uninstalled the game and deleted the folder it was all in so its all from scratch. Now i should just reinstall BC-Mod Installer .NET and it should install foundation from there right?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #11 on: January 23, 2008, 07:18:03 PM »
Just point the BCMod Installer to the (new) location of BC and it will do that.
Also, don't forget the patch before you install Foundation.

bghtrbb

« Reply #12 on: January 23, 2008, 09:03:56 PM »
ok i ive got it working with a few mods now found out this was causing the problem. Ftech - http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/FTech_Foundation_Technologies_;84343.

Is there a way to fix it so this works? and also now and then the game crashes what do i do?

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2008, 08:13:57 AM »
Go here, http://bc-central.net/forums/index.php?topic=2214.0 you are probably missing bcdebug.py.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2008, 04:43:56 PM »
and also now and then the game crashes what do i do?
I'll assume you mean to desktop. People tend to vary between various homonyms for the word "crash".

The most likely cause for a crash in BC is missing projectile file (torpedo or pulse, doens't matter).
Go with each ship you played in the last battle you played (one on one against an asteroid) testing each weapon, and I mean each, on it's own.