Author Topic: Bridge Textures  (Read 1045 times)

Offline jna99

• Cookies: 0
Bridge Textures
« on: January 19, 2008, 01:10:48 PM »
Hi I'm kind a new in ST: BC still I've spent a few hours searching before I've post this thread.
I've installed a fresh BC copy, installed 1.1 patch, enter the game and my bridge textures are wierd see the pic bellow; then I  installed 1.1 patch, install both BCMP and BCMI, install Foundation that comes in BCMP, install UMM. When enter in QuickBattle my bridge textures continued to be wierd. Decided to install Bridge Core Gold, enter ingame, exit the game, enter again activate plugin and bridge per loading, exit. Install Generation Set, enter ingame, exit game, enter again , quick battle , textures are the same.
This only happens to the bridge, the ship textures are fine. I experimented with KM (with a fresh copy) and it works fine, problem is that KM corrupts SP (it crashes the game), so I really want to understand why this happens so I don't have to install KM. :(

Wierd Texture is in the attach!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Bridge Textures
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 01:26:56 PM »
I don't really see a problem.

The textures are tiled.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline jna99

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 02:50:44 PM »
MLeo maybe I explained badly. The vanilla textures are wierd so I installed bridge core (the steps I took are in the previous post) but the game continues to use the older model/textures...It should look something like http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/screenshots/File/85198/4 instead of

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 03:11:44 PM »
That's a completly different bridge. :lol:

Setup a QB with Galaxy Refit as your bridge and you will get it.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline jna99

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 05:35:26 PM »
MLeo I've done it! I thought that after I've installed the bridges, when I entered QB they would automatically be there (right before setting the battle scenario)! Ok, I've understand that I can load the bridges at QB, but how can I set the default SP bridge to one of the Sets of Bridge core? KM has a high detailed bridge at SP..

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 05:45:12 PM »
Aside for the Galaxy Bridge Advanced (a mod released at the same time as BPCore) this isn't possible aside for retextures. Since the SP is really picky about bridges.

Offline jna99

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 07:27:37 PM »
 MLeo I believe Galaxy Bridge Advanced is the Late TNG Galaxy Bridge right? Thank you for your pacience, you've  been the best!