Author Topic: Generations Galaxy Bridge F2 (Viewscreen Camera Zoom)  (Read 2098 times)

Offline weissmr

• Cookies: 0
Generations Galaxy Bridge F2 (Viewscreen Camera Zoom)
« on: December 29, 2007, 12:11:24 AM »
 :shock:

Not sure if I should start another thread or not but..

Whenever I go to the tactical station on the generations bridge it cuts too high on the viewscreen. I basically cannot see anything that is going on. Is there a quick fix for this? I added the attached files and reinstalled bridge core gold. I have km 1.0, as well as a handful of other ship mods installed.

Thoughts?

BTW I love this freakin' bridge. I can't wait to get the tactical station fixed.

Another thing I just thought of, I need to use the shortcut keys to get to the engineering console. Does anybody else have a hard time clicking on it?

Happy Holidays!

Felorius

Re: Generations Galaxy Bridge F2 (Viewscreen Camera Zoom)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2008, 07:13:55 AM »

Whenever I go to the tactical station on the generations bridge it cuts too high on the viewscreen. I basically cannot see anything that is going on. Is there a quick fix for this? I added the attached files and reinstalled bridge core gold. I have km 1.0, as well as a handful of other ship mods installed.

yeah im having problems with that too, anyone got any ideas?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2008, 08:15:28 AM »
You can change it in the Tactical character file for that particular bridge, (I believe GenFelix.py), search for SetLookAtAdj and change the numbers afterwards to suit your needs.

Jimmy knows more of this.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2008, 04:37:03 PM »

yeah im having problems with that too, anyone got any ideas?
do you guys mean the way the camera zooms to the viewscreen when you hit F2 to manually fire and such?

Felorius

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2008, 08:47:13 PM »
Ill give ye all a screenie, just to be kind  :D

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2008, 08:20:32 AM »
aaah ok i see how you mean...

we'll, i have altered the galFelix script in my install so that the camera will zoom towards the viewscreen...
it's not a perfectly-absolutely-centered zoom, but it does the trick...
you can feel free to try out ther changes i have made...  just drop this script into the scripts\Bridge\Characters and then delete the galFelix.pyc...  of course, make a backup of your original galFelix.py first before doing anything...

(edit - just noticed the attachment isnt there anymore lol so i'll resubmit it in case anyone finds it useful...)

Offline weissmr

• Cookies: 0
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2008, 09:40:51 PM »
aaah ok i see how you mean...

we'll, i have altered the galFelix script in my install so that the camera will zoom towards the viewscreen...
it's not a perfectly-absolutely-centered zoom, but it does the trick...
you can feel free to try out ther changes i have made...  just drop this script into the scripts\Bridge\Characters and then delete the galFelix.pyc...  of course, make a backup of your original galFelix.py first before doing anything...

My hero! Thanks so much. This bridge rocks.

I'll take that bird of prey, yet!