Author Topic: Question about BPCore Gold.  (Read 1814 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Question about BPCore Gold.
« on: December 31, 2007, 06:48:49 PM »
One quick question about BPCore Gold, how do I make it so that when you beam onto a ship, it's specific bridge loads up. ex. Beam onto Defiant, Defiant bridge loads up. Thank you very much. :D

PS: If it is in the readme, I apologize, I downloaded KM 1.0, and I don't think it came with the readme.

intrepid90

Re: Question about BPCore Gold.
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 06:57:56 PM »
you have KM 1.0??
tehre should be a mutator called: "auto bridge change" or something like that, activate it, and it should work ;)

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2007, 07:14:35 PM »
It is for ships and bridges that didn't come with KM, such as the TOS connies and the TOS bridges.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2007, 07:35:04 PM »
I'm afraid that hasn't got anything remotely to do with BPCore.
BPCore hooks into the bridge loading process, if that mod loads a bridge, BPCore is called, transparently to that mod calling the bridge loading code.

I suggest you look at the docs directory that came with KM, to see if there is one of that specific mod (Auto Bridge Change) and see if it details how to do it.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2007, 08:07:44 PM »
No such file in the doc directory, searching the scripts/custom directory.

Edit: Can we change the topic title to something more appropriate, if this is not a BPCore question?

Edit2: Not sure what I was looking for in scripts/custom, now looking at individual bridges/ships for an idea.

Edit3: Too many edits. Anyways, I think I may have located what I am looking for inside scripts/custom/ships.

Code: [Select]
from bcdebug import debug
#######################################################################################
#  Custom Ship Plugin                                                                 #
#  Created by BC - Mod Packager                                                       #
#  Date: 4/16/03                                                                    #
#######################################################################################
#                                                                                     #
import Foundation
import App
#                                                                                     #
abbrev = 'MvamPrometheus'
iconName = 'MvamPrometheus'
longName = 'Prometheus'
shipFile = 'MvamPrometheus'
menuGroup = 'Fed Ships'
playerMenuGroup = 'Fed Ships'
species = App.SPECIES_SOVEREIGN
# Mod Info.  Use this as an opportunity to describe your work in brief.  This may     #
# have use later on for updates and such.                                             #
credits = {
'modName': 'MvamPrometheus',
'author': 'Nixon and Gtea',
'version': '1.0',
'sources': [ 'http://' ],
'comments': ''
}
# This is the ShipDef that adds the Ship to the game... BC-Mod Packager has           #
# automatically generated the proper ShipDef Line for you.                            #
Foundation.ShipDef.MvamPrometheus = Foundation.FedShipDef(abbrev, species, { 'name': longName, 'iconName': iconName, 'shipFile': shipFile })
Foundation.ShipDef.MvamPrometheus.sBridge = 'prometheusbridge'
Foundation.ShipDef.MvamPrometheus.fMaxWarp = 9.9

Foundation.ShipDef.MvamPrometheus.dTechs = { 'Fed Ablative Armor': {
"Plates": [
"Dorsal Aft Ablative Armor",
"Dorsal Forward Ablative Armor",
"Ventral Aft Ablative Armor",
"Ventral Forward Ablative Armor",
"Saucer Left Ablative Armor",
"Saucer Right Ablative Armor",
"Saucer Forward Ablative Armor"]
}}
# Uncomment these if you have TGL 
Foundation.ShipDef.MvamPrometheus.hasTGLName = 1
Foundation.ShipDef.MvamPrometheus.hasTGLDesc = 1

# Otherwise, uncomment this and type something in:
# Foundation.ShipDef.MvamPrometheus.desc = 'No Description Available'
# These register the ship with the QuickBattle menus.  Don't touch them!!!            #
if menuGroup:           Foundation.ShipDef.MvamPrometheus.RegisterQBShipMenu(menuGroup)
if playerMenuGroup:     Foundation.ShipDef.MvamPrometheus.RegisterQBPlayerShipMenu(playerMenuGroup)

if Foundation.shipList._keyList.has_key(longName):
     Foundation.ShipDef.__dict__[longName].friendlyDetails[2] = Foundation.shipList[longName].friendlyDetails[2]
     Foundation.ShipDef.__dict__[longName].enemyDetails[2] = Foundation.shipList[longName].enemyDetails[2]

I believe it is the line
Code: [Select]
Foundation.ShipDef.MvamPrometheus.sBridge = 'prometheusbridge' that assigns the bridge.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2008, 10:54:15 AM »
It would appear that way.

The docs (or doc, can't remember right now) directory ought to be in the same directory as STBC.exe (so the root BC directory).

The best thing to do now, would be to try. ;)

Do note, that the string you need to put in the modified ship plugin in the file under scripts/Bridges/ without the .py(c) at the end.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2008, 06:32:32 PM »
Works perfectly, thanks everyone. I have some issues with some bridges, should I post problems here or in Tech Support?

Edit: (Slightly off topic) My problem with BC crashing, in the tech support section, was caused by having scripts open while attempting to run BC.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2008, 06:41:47 PM »
Works perfectly, thanks everyone. I have some issues with some bridges, should I post problems here or in Tech Support?
Best make it another topic.

Edit: (Slightly off topic) My problem with BC crashing, in the tech support section, was caused by having scripts open while attempting to run BC.
Odd, what editor did you use?
Since I always leave my code open when scripting.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2008, 07:49:46 PM »
Odd, what editor did you use?
Since I always leave my code open when scripting.

Only the best, Microsoft Wordpad.  :roll:

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2008, 07:39:02 AM »
wordpad is a rich text editor, you need to use a plain text editor like notepad.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2008, 08:28:07 AM »
wordpad is a rich text editor, you need to use a plain text editor like notepad.
Except that notepad is notorious for miss saving stuff (in the wrong format).

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2008, 02:54:46 PM »
Sorry, I meant notepad.

Offline USS Frontier

• Cookies: 562
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2008, 08:44:03 PM »
I mostly use wordpad to write down code, and it worked perfectly.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold"
                    -Old Klingon Proverb
GravityFX Download
Galaxy Charts Download