Author Topic: Docking problems  (Read 2269 times)

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
Re: Docking problems
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2007, 08:14:57 AM »
I know that using the proper script (not the GTF or GFT or whatever) for adding systems to NanoFXv2Beta did this.

[EDIT] Meaning, GC doesn't perform this part of that code extra code.
Maybe add a post process function to your (new) plugin system?
GTF/GFT ??
A "scripter" who just added a whole bunch of systems to the NanoFXv2Beta system loading code, without even thinking about what the hell he was doing.
Caused me a lot of headaches to tell people not to use it.
indeed - same here!  this GFT guy basically took peoples scripts (Defiant's, Nano's, etc), modified them without asking permission first, didnt know exactly what he was doing, then submitted them to BCFiles... 
it caused a bit of a mess and still for a long while afterward, people would be reporting problems with their installs and mentioning they had installed GFT's "scripts"...  i must have typed a thousand times in various forums and such "do not use GFT's 'scripts' as they have been known to cause many problems for people"...

MikeA

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 10:59:57 PM »
Well, I kind of figured out my own problem with this, but I'm still not quite satisfied in the way that I have to do it.  Basically, I have to switch sides to friendly with Starbase-12 (which I find that I shouldn't have to do in the first place, but oh well), order the base to dock, and then the docking button becomes functional.  However, I still think there should be away to go around this so that you don't have to go through all of that just to dock to the base.

Hmm.. pretty sure I said that in post #2.. ah well.

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 09:28:45 AM »
Well, I kind of figured out my own problem with this, but I'm still not quite satisfied in the way that I have to do it.  Basically, I have to switch sides to friendly with Starbase-12 (which I find that I shouldn't have to do in the first place, but oh well), order the base to dock, and then the docking button becomes functional.  However, I still think there should be away to go around this so that you don't have to go through all of that just to dock to the base.

Hmm.. pretty sure I said that in post #2.. ah well.

No not really.

Since this isn't a fault, I'm locking it for the timne being.

Offline USS Frontier

• Cookies: 562
« Reply #23 on: December 17, 2007, 06:31:24 PM »
Hey, like I said in the "Docking problems" topic, here is the little script file to fix the SB12 and DryDock problems (which were either A) stations not being created or B) stations were neutral ).
It should go to the folder "<BC Folder>\scripts\Custom\Autoload".

Just remember: I wasn't able to test it since I don't have BC installed, and my BC CD is with a friend.  And Galaxy Charts is required to make this script work.
So please, get back here to say if it worked or not.

Moderators, can you merge this with the original "Docking problems" topic here and unlock it for replies? I couldn't post there since it's locked.

EDIT 20/12/2007:  Since we lost the most recent posts, I changed this here to have an more updated version of the script.
"Revenge is a dish best served cold"
                    -Old Klingon Proverb
GravityFX Download
Galaxy Charts Download

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2007, 07:26:55 PM »
Moderators, can you merge this with the original "Docking problems" topic here and unlock it for replies? I couldn't post there since it's locked.
all set...