Author Topic: request modelers and hardpointers  (Read 1095 times)

inuyasha4774

request modelers and hardpointers
« on: December 05, 2007, 10:39:23 PM »
ok so im RedLeader1701, and i would like some people who have modeling, , and hardpointing skills (you dont have to have both just one or the other, which means more then one person) the reason why i make this request is because i dont have a modeling program or anything that lets me edit hardpoints accuratly, so if anyone would like to either join me in starship design or simply assist me in small projects. cause i am getting SICK AND TIRED of just retexturing other peoples work and adding one little thing to a hardpoint, i want my own ships to be built, the designs i have in my head i want to be made real!
RedLeader1701@gmail.com if you want to get in touch with me. i look forward to hearing from people

Offline Starforce2

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 882
    • Facebook
Re: request modelers and hardpointers
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 12:45:26 AM »
Don't we all. How about some sample of what you want people to build?
I just realised something. I've released over 300 fully modded ships for bridge commander. Bow to your master :D
Read my mod blog!
http://bcs-tng.com/forums/index.php?action=viewblog;u=1129

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1527
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 01:20:06 AM »
ok so im RedLeader1701, and i would like some people who have modeling, , and hardpointing skills (you dont have to have both just one or the other, which means more then one person) the reason why i make this request is because i dont have a modeling program or anything that lets me edit hardpoints accuratly, so if anyone would like to either join me in starship design or simply assist me in small projects. cause i am getting SICK AND TIRED of just retexturing other peoples work and adding one little thing to a hardpoint, i want my own ships to be built, the designs i have in my head i want to be made real!
RedLeader1701@gmail.com if you want to get in touch with me. i look forward to hearing from people

There's a better solution to your problem: Learn to model. You'll find that most modellers are already active doing their own work or other modding projects. Also most modellers learned to model on their own, or from one or more of the numerous tutorials available on the internet.

Also if your modding BC, you don't have to do any editing of the model in order to edit hardpoints. Use the MPE (Model Property Editor) available in the BC SDK to edit, move, delete hardpoints or if your handy with text, use Notepad.
Official BCC Discord · https://discord.gg/nJAx4HNQ2G
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 05:39:58 AM »
took the words right out of my mouth, dark. :)

inuyasha4774

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2007, 02:18:47 PM »
well i cant model, my computer would explode at the hands of modeling programs, thats why i would like people to help me build models and i mostly directed my message at people who ARENT working on their own thing

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2007, 02:32:51 PM »
You stil haven't said anything about what it is you want people to model. Got any pictures, information etc?
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline cordanilus

• Cookies: 608
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2007, 03:13:50 PM »
Yes, it would be nice to see some concept drawings or pictures of the ships you want built before anyone should accept. :D

inuyasha4774

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2007, 09:16:55 PM »
well i was thinking ships, from all eras, but due to my policies im not gonna put up pictures, last thing id want is somone swiping my ideas and posting them as their own..........no offense to anyone here

Offline Darkthunder

• Vice Administrator
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2007, 09:23:51 PM »
well i was thinking ships, from all eras, but due to my policies im not gonna put up pictures, last thing id want is somone swiping my ideas and posting them as their own..........no offense to anyone here

Hate to say this, but it's not likely your gonna get much help if you don't inform the public on exactly what it is you want modelled or hardpointed etc. In any case, i'll return to my original statement: Best bet is to learn to do the modelling yourself, and hardpointing isnt very difficult.
Ad Astra Per Aspera

Offline Rob Archer

• Cookies: 545
  • New Frontier MKVI
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2007, 02:03:51 AM »
i am getting SICK AND TIRED of just retexturing other peoples work and adding one little thing to a hardpoint, i want my own ships to be built, the designs i have in my head i want to be made real!

So you want other people to do the Work for you, but isn't it then their work...
so you want to employ a small army of slaves....  :funny

Offline blaXXer

• Your Leader
  • Cookies: 96
  • The proud result of slave labor
    • blaXXer.design
« Reply #10 on: December 18, 2007, 05:31:39 AM »

Well, sucks to be you, buddy.

Why don't you head out and get Blender, read some of the excellent tutorials here at these very forums and get yourself the SDK to learn hardpointing.

If you don't, do not expect people to come jumping at some vague promises that strongly reek of bullshit.
We're pretty busy with our own projects.

YOU suck, get a life, moran.

COME TO MY PLACE clicketh me!