Author Topic: Trying to find ATP3  (Read 716 times)

Offline Kirk

• Cookies: 139
    • My Released Mods
Trying to find ATP3
« on: December 01, 2007, 03:39:44 PM »
I am unsure if this is the right forum for this question. If it is not, please lock/ delete this post. I am trying to find a stand-alone install of ATP3, because I have dial-up and I would rather not wait 24+ hours to download MPMP, which contains ATP3.

Edit: I have done my homework and searched around. Please, don't think that I'm too lazy and just want this handed to me.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Trying to find ATP3
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2007, 04:51:27 PM »
Development on ATP3 was discontinued after ATP: Dimensions was born.
Which didn't come to full completion.

The closest thing as a replacement is FoundationTechnologies, by Dasher and myself.
It's a plugin driven Technologies Platform, containing most of the popular ATP(3) technologies, such as Phase Cloaking, Ablative Armour, Reflection/Corbonite shielding, and various projectile technologies (which can be customized on a per projectile basis).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2007, 04:55:49 PM »
Super, I already have FTech. Thank you very much, you may lock/ delete now.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2007, 04:59:46 PM »
Please note that ATP technologies don't automaticly translate to FTech technologies.
You will have to edit the ship plugins for it.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Kirk

• My Released Mods
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2007, 05:40:40 PM »
Alright, if I have any problems, I know where to find you. Thank you again for your time.