Author Topic: BSG, Caprica, Blood and Chrome series topic discussion - May Contain Spoilers  (Read 69490 times)

Offline MickJo

• Cookies: 7

This is a preview pic from 3x07 'Torn' Bill and Saul are on another battlestar.  I could be a trip-down-memory-lane sequence but Bill has his current rank of Admiral.

Very interesting, Battlestar Valkyrie BSG-41, Mercury Class from the looks of its CIC :D

Also Lee is wearing his Captain rank again, so much for Commander and Adama's new XO.

Offline Shinzon

• Cookies: 9
i believe it's perhaps a battlestar they were previously in before galactica?

Saul still has both eyes, unless he got an implant or something.

Offline RCgothic

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 51
RE: BSG, Caprica, Blood and Chrome series topic discussion - May Contain Spoilers
« Reply #122 on: November 03, 2006, 05:38:16 AM »
Found this comic...
http://www.shortpacked.com/

it's a bit harsh but true up to a point.

Master Thief

RE: BSG, Caprica, Blood and Chrome series topic discussion - May Contain Spoilers
« Reply #123 on: November 04, 2006, 12:11:45 PM »
Well, i did it. I finally got to see BSG Seasons 1 and 2 :mrgreen:

I'm starting on Season 3 tonight, and shall be seeing up to Episode 5 quite soon. Also, the webisodes... They worth the watch, or should i not bother until i've gotten to a certain point in the 3rd season?

This has to be the first TV Series to get me completely hooked, and gods damnit, i love it :mrgreen:

Offline Shinzon

« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2006, 12:57:19 PM »
its good isnt it? at first, i didnt think i would like it, when a friend kept persisting me to watch it. Now it's the best thing on TV... btw, you'll especially like episode 3x04 "Exodus Part 2"... probably the best episode of anything ever invented before or after television. Amazing piece of work.

The webisodes take place when the cylons arrive at new caprica, to the first episode of season 3 which takes place 4 months after the cylons arrive. I would think you should watch it, just to get better insight.

Master Thief

« Reply #125 on: November 04, 2006, 01:47:59 PM »
Sounds all kinds of awesome :mrgreen:

I'm off to watch the webisodes then :P

Offline RCgothic

• Retired Staff
« Reply #126 on: November 04, 2006, 02:00:58 PM »
Will see 2x06 tomorrow.

Master Thief

« Reply #127 on: November 04, 2006, 02:48:59 PM »
Any reason why i cant watch the webisodes because they won't do anything except say "Loading video..." ?

Offline RCgothic

• Retired Staff
« Reply #128 on: November 04, 2006, 03:31:08 PM »
ah, because you can't watch them from anywhere outside america for some reason.  I've only seen webisode 1.

I think they may have been posted on youTube though.

Offline Shinzon

« Reply #129 on: November 04, 2006, 05:28:00 PM »
just watched the new episode...

Was great to see starbuck thrown out of her chair like that by adama... tigh and starbuck really needed a reality check... those hybrids looked interesting too

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #130 on: November 04, 2006, 07:31:55 PM »
is hybrid number 8? or doesnt it count?

Pegasus

« Reply #131 on: November 04, 2006, 09:03:42 PM »
It doesn't count...

they said <color>

Anyway, as for Webisodes, Go to youtube.

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #132 on: November 05, 2006, 06:47:12 AM »
Quote from: RCgothic
ah, because you can't watch them from anywhere outside america for some reason.  I've only seen webisode 1.

I think they may have been posted on youTube though.

They all worked fine for me..

Master Thief

« Reply #133 on: November 06, 2006, 04:43:55 PM »
Whats the opinions on 3x06 then?

I thought it was pretty good, and i really want to see where they're going with the whole Baltar/Projection thing :mrgreen:

Offline RCgothic

• Retired Staff
« Reply #134 on: November 06, 2006, 06:08:36 PM »
I thought there were some good bits.

I loved the beauty shots of the base ships, Loved the viper training excercise, but I particularly liked Adama kicking the crap out of Starbuck, and I will be very glad to get the old starbuck back. Another great performance by Saul Tigh.

Some wierd things happening on the cylon end though. Not sure about the whole projection thing though. Not sure about the hybrid.

My favourite suggested callsign was Raptor Adaptor!

Offline Shinzon

« Reply #135 on: November 06, 2006, 07:37:37 PM »
lol funny one...

was cool how the hybrid said "jump", and it jumped...

Offline Phaser

• Star Trek Canon Authority
  • Cookies: 231
« Reply #136 on: November 06, 2006, 09:00:12 PM »
Has anyone else noticed the cool new-and-improved (more heavily armored) Basestars around the Resurrection ship?

Weasel

« Reply #137 on: November 06, 2006, 09:38:08 PM »
Quote from: Shinzon
lol funny one...

was cool how the hybrid said "jump", and it jumped...

I think she kind of sang it... But yes, it was quite cool. Actually, I think they sort of ripped the "hybrid" idea off from the "Homeworld" PC game.
Karan S'jet was also permanently "hardwired" as part of the Mothership's navigation, and FTL system.
It was necessary, as it was supposed to be the only form of human/computer interface that was efficient enough to allow a person to navigate a hyperspce jump.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/88/Fleet_command_returns.jpg

Offline Shinzon

« Reply #138 on: November 06, 2006, 10:14:44 PM »
OMG Double-Humongous post with pics!

just j/k, cool pics, i guess that kinda changes your way of viewing things as original huh?

Weasel

« Reply #139 on: November 07, 2006, 03:44:01 AM »
Well, I love both women- BSG, and Homeworld.

And, sorry about the size of the pic. If we can resize, or thumbnail it as a link, that'd be great..