Author Topic: BC crashes  (Read 987 times)

Offline Shion

• Cookies: 4
BC crashes
« on: November 26, 2007, 11:18:42 PM »
A couple days ago BC started Crashing when I try to end the mission or game.  Also at the same time, my WalkFX key mapping got reset.  When I try to remap the keys, they don't stay mapped, and every time I start the game they are unmapped again.  This could be caused by the Crashes when I try and end BC, as I believe the options are probably saved on shutdown of the application.

Any known source of these types of crashes? Any help would be appreciated.

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
Re: BC crashes
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2007, 04:13:00 AM »
I have ALWAYS had that problem with the Walk FX,
Everytime i assign keys and quit the game, they keys never stay mapped, But seeing as the only time i play BC is too test a mod or ship it does'nt bother me anymore.

And i also have that same problem, about 50% of the time when i click exit game it quits then gives me a "this program is not responding, End Now or Cancel" window, im not sure what is causing it, but its a common problem i think,
im positive someone else will be a little more helpful :)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2007, 01:04:31 PM »
The Crash to Desktop at the end of a Game (or even the game) is quite common.
I'm currently not sure what's causing it.
Although, we do know it's "cause". Scripts.

But untill we know what the real cause is, we can't fix it.

About the keys, it's possible, do the Mutators save themselves correctly?
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline lint

• Cookies: 211
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2007, 04:10:14 PM »
my mutators never turn themselves off, its just the walk FX keys that do it

Offline Shion

• Cookies: 4
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 04:39:37 AM »
Yeah, the Mutators stay the way I put them.  I *think* I found the causes of the crashing on ending, at least for me.  I went through my Mutators activating them one by one, and then ending the mission.  It didn't crash until I activated DS9FX.  Of course it didn't start crashing every time until I installed Ftech.  So there might be a conflict there?  I'm going to try DS9FX with Ftech's mutator turned off and see if it crashes then.

Edit:  Nope, still crashes with Ftech off and DS9FX on, but does not crash with only Ftech on.

Edit2:  It seems I fixed the WalkFX key mapping.  I reset the keys so they weren't mapped.  Then I remapped them and shut down the game. (with DS9FX off, so It didn't crash.)  Then I restarted BC and the keys have stayed mapped like they should.

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 09:07:57 AM »
AFAIK, ds9fx has a new way of handling missions, so maybe when you exit, it passes that you're on a mission when you're not, and it crashes.
I think I had the same error. I haven't used ds9fx for a while and lately there's no crashes but I used to have them.
I did get a crash exiting in the middle of a warp travel, tho.

my WFX keys always have issues. they don't reset, but I can't sit back on the chair once I stand

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2007, 10:46:33 AM »
why isnt anyone reporting these issues on BCS's forums??

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2007, 12:36:15 PM »
I doubt it's just DS9FX.

I've had those crashes for as along as I can remember. :P
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2007, 02:42:00 PM »
aaah i see...  i thought it was a ds9fx issue, or a walkfx issue, or something along those lines...  i just figured that if that was the case, chances are LJ or Sovvy would catch the problem being reported quicker and might be able to help...