Author Topic: Searching for some feedback to my last few mods....  (Read 720 times)

Offline cnotsch

• Cookies: 3
Searching for some feedback to my last few mods....
« on: November 08, 2007, 12:52:20 PM »
My mods so far:

Random Battles (0.2):
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Random_Battles;83735

Advanced Torpedo Management (Beta)
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Advance_Torpedo_Management;83774

Update to Defiants Construct Mod - Construct Mod v4:
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Construct_Mod_KM;84179

Would be nice if you could give me some feedback to be able to improve them or fix some bugs....
Would be happy to hear some suggestions for additional features.

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
Re: Searching for some feedback to my last few mods....
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 01:38:40 PM »
Advanced Torpedo Management (Beta)
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Advance_Torpedo_Management;83774
with that you kinda gave shape to an old idea I had: making the controls in BC look like consoles instead of menu columns
I was hoping KM1.0 would include something like that, although your construct mod really improves Defiant's. I would have made it so that every time you add a ship to your install, it appears available in the construct menu, but it's practical as it is now.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 02:43:00 PM »
i was curious about the random battles...  perhaps have a menu set-up so people can pick and choose which specific ships they would want in the random battles... 
for example, if i wanted to play against only cardassians, i could be able to choose which cardassian ships (or all) that would randomly appear...  or, if i wanted to play random battles against the dominion and the romulans, i could pick a few romulan and a few dominion ships that would randomly show up (instead of all the possible ships that the Distress Call Mod would call for)...

in banbury's random encounters mod, this can be done by changing specifically the Fleets script; but with yours a similair method would make it much more fun, im thinking...

also (i can't quite recall at the moment if your mod does this) when a ship "warps" into the battle, it would be cool to have the choice of how the ship's name appears in the QB list; for example, when a Vorcha appears, to be able to choose to have the ship's name be like "Vorcha" (as it appears in the QB menu list), or the ship's name be an actual name of the ship like "IKS Qun'jIH" (as it appears in the Racesd scripts from the Distress Call mod)...  i believe Defiant's Add Ships mod gives you an option to use ships actual names (like "USS Enterprise") or the ships class (like "Galaxy") as how it appears in the QB list...

or when choosing to play as a race, for example if i choose to play as a Federation Ship, but have the Random Battles Mod randomly decide for you which ship you will be when the match begins...  or even (i know this is stretching it now lol) having a random set be chosen for you, when the match begins...

i know im making very little sense, bear with me lol

Offline cnotsch

• Cookies: 3
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 01:28:24 AM »
I would have made it so that every time you add a ship to your install, it appears available in the construct menu, but it's practical as it is now.
It does! What you mean is just a part of the plugin code: (I took this one out of the example Starbase)
Code: [Select]

lShipsToConstructLargeDock = Races[RACE].GetShips()
RemoveFromList(lShipsToConstructLargeDock, "pulsemine")
RemoveFromList(lShipsToConstructLargeDock, "torpedomine")
RemoveFromList(lShipsToConstructLargeDock, "ExcaliburCarrier")
This LIST controls witch ships will be constructable, adding a command to load the ships of other Rases too would do yust that.
You can also add specific ships by adding their name. If you want to load EVERY ship I think you have to write:
Code: [Select]
        import Foundation
        lShipsToConstructLargeDock = Foundation.shipList

If it is not exactly what you meant give me a better description of your wish ^^ an I'll see what I can do.

i know im making very little sense, bear with me lol
Not at all!!! I've created this topic yust for that keep it up and I'll see what I can do!!!