Author Topic: problem with accessing helm commands  (Read 866 times)

Offline pano27

• Cookies: 0
problem with accessing helm commands
« on: September 19, 2007, 06:12:29 PM »
Im new to this game and I very quickly developed a problem. At the point in the game story when you link up with the soverign i suddenly can not access the helmsman control window. I dont really know whats going wrong, I have the KM mod and a lot of ships and uniforms installed. Ive never noticed the problem in quickbattle before just in the story.

Please help me out.
thanks

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
Re: problem with accessing helm commands
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 04:35:15 AM »
Make sure you disable all mutators if you are playing the SP campaign

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 02:12:19 PM »
Could you please describe the effect futher?

It's possible that you aren't allowed to go anywhere else before you have finished the mission.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 03:00:38 PM »
you can't use the helm in warp, FYI, just in case you notice you can't click on Kiska during the warp sequence.

Offline pano27

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 11:15:23 AM »
Shutting off all the mutators appears to have worked. Although this does make for a minor annoyance having to restart em all to play quickbattle.

What was happening was the ship comes out of warp in the system. Then kiska says "theres the soverign, should I hail them?" and when I move the mouse over there it said"ens. Lomar, awaiting orders" in the pop up window but it wouldnt let me access the commands.

turning off all the mutators worked but as you all know with the KM install there are a LOT of mutators to turn off. Is there a simple way to toggle off/on the mutators?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 12:19:08 PM »
Technicly, turning off: "Extra Ships and Systems" should turn all the other mods off.
Not sure if this still holds true.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline pano27

« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 12:59:56 PM »
thanks, ill give it a try. see what happens