Author Topic: Intrepid Bridge v3 - BETA REMOVED  (Read 26805 times)

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
Re: Intrepid Bridge v3 - Beta on page 6
« Reply #180 on: April 12, 2007, 02:30:19 PM »
ok i've uninstalled the bridge and reinstalled it.  i still get the same shadow across the ceiling.  it takes up more than half of it as you can see from the picture.  could one of the files packaged into the installer be the wrong lightmap?

Hmm.. perhaps it got damaged somehow when downloading it... Jimmy, you have the beta from the install or Mark sent it to you?

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #181 on: April 12, 2007, 03:08:55 PM »
Jimmy, you have the beta from the install or Mark sent it to you?
to be perfectly honest, i can't be 100% sure...  Mark did send me a copy, and i think that is the one i am using...
i don't think i installed the version available here...  altho, the beta version in the 3rd Era Forum, i did install that one (a long time ago) and everything seemed fine with it...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #182 on: April 12, 2007, 04:41:19 PM »
to be perfectly honest, i can't be 100% sure...  Mark did send me a copy, and i think that is the one i am using...
i don't think i installed the version available here...  altho, the beta version in the 3rd Era Forum, i did install that one (a long time ago) and everything seemed fine with it...
Except with that one slight issue with older versions of BP Core. ^_^'
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

bsilver2988

« Reply #183 on: April 12, 2007, 05:15:34 PM »
Hmm.. perhaps it got damaged somehow when downloading it... Jimmy, you have the beta from the install or Mark sent it to you?

no it definitely wasnt damaged when it was being downloaded.  I deleted the downloaded file and re-downloaded the entire thing.  Then i reinstalled it.  Also, other people have the exact same problem, so i dont think its a problem with the file. 

i think it must have been one of the lightmaps put into the installer by accident, cause the only ppl who dont seem to have the problem are the ones who were sent the beta prior to it being posted here

Offline Jb06

• Cookies: 968
  • JL Studios Co-Founder
    • JL Studios
« Reply #184 on: April 13, 2007, 07:38:56 AM »
i think it must have been one of the lightmaps put into the installer by accident, cause the only ppl who dont seem to have the problem are the ones who were sent the beta prior to it being posted here

Well the one that was posted here i downloaded and i'm not getting your problem. The only one i'm having is the same one as supersmeg... the black squares. One in the top left and one it the top right of the ceilling.

on the area around the ceilling dome, there appears to be black squares random;y placed, was that intentional?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #185 on: April 13, 2007, 07:41:47 AM »
@bsilver: What type of Video card do you have?

Since the small black squares is due to a vray problem.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

bsilver2988

« Reply #186 on: April 13, 2007, 10:36:53 AM »
nvidia quadro nvs m110

it's never given me any bridge commander trouble before though.

i should also add that i dont have the black square problem, and i also believe i'm not the only one with the ceiling shadow.  it has to be something in the download...something that perhaps the people who already had the beta prior to this release wouldnt get, even if they installed this new beta.

bsilver2988

« Reply #187 on: April 16, 2007, 03:55:14 PM »
could someone who doesnt have the shadow on the ceiling problem please either post on here or send me a zipped up folder containing all of their intrepidbridgev3 textures???

thanks

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #188 on: April 17, 2007, 02:51:30 AM »
Ok, this one does not have the shadows, 100% sure.

bsilver2988

« Reply #189 on: April 17, 2007, 10:26:45 AM »
thanks man, but i already had that file exactly the same as you do and i have the shadow.  i added it to my install anyway just in case i'm crazy..but it didnt do nething.  the shadow remains.  i'm pretty sure that the LM that's causing the problem is  "ceilinglight2_lmtga.tga".   could you upload that one?

thanks

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #190 on: April 18, 2007, 08:32:32 AM »
thanks man, but i already had that file exactly the same as you do and i have the shadow.  i added it to my install anyway just in case i'm crazy..but it didnt do nething.  the shadow remains.  i'm pretty sure that the LM that's causing the problem is  "ceilinglight2_lmtga.tga".   could you upload that one?

thanks

That LM is not linked to that area of the ceiling.... well, i?ll do it when i get home.

bsilver2988

« Reply #191 on: April 18, 2007, 05:57:51 PM »
really?? it looks like it's a lightmap of the entire ceiling.  of course i could be wrong...lol

bsilver2988

« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2007, 03:15:25 PM »
jw..has there been any updates on possibly getting out an updated beta of this?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2007, 03:18:56 PM »
The only problem was the slight problem in the naming of a single directory.

Just go to data/Animations and rename "intrepid" to "bp".

bsilver2988

« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2007, 03:58:21 PM »
no there was another problem that was brought up but then kinda forgotten about....the wierd shadow on the ceiling.  the only ppl who had it were the ppl who installed the beta posted on here...none of the devs had it.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #195 on: May 02, 2007, 05:28:16 PM »
no there was another problem that was brought up but then kinda forgotten about....the wierd shadow on the ceiling.  the only ppl who had it were the ppl who installed the beta posted on here...none of the devs had it.
And then not even all of them mind you.

bsilver2988

« Reply #196 on: May 02, 2007, 07:54:46 PM »
well i've still got it.  i've been playing around with the bridge for a while.  looking at the various lightmap textures in photoshop trying to figure out what's causing it.  i re-downloaded and reinstalled 3 times and i keep getting the same error.  i'm not sure what to do at this point

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #197 on: May 02, 2007, 08:04:59 PM »
wait for KM 1.0 (i think this will be in KM 1.0?) and begin a new and fresh install from there? lol

bsilver2988

« Reply #198 on: May 02, 2007, 08:08:22 PM »
lol idk if i can handle creating another fresh install...lol

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #199 on: May 06, 2007, 02:17:08 PM »
I don't seem to get that shadow either, I would post a screenshot to be sure, but I am not on my PC right now.