Author Topic: Intrepid Bridge v3 - BETA REMOVED  (Read 26807 times)

bsilver2988

Re: Intrepid Bridge v3 - Beta on page 6
« Reply #160 on: April 03, 2007, 10:24:27 AM »
the lack of animated maps is a good thing cause it also makes it possible in the future for even more texture swapping to be done.  Animated maps can't be swapped.

Offline DJ Curtis

• Ship Builder
  • Cookies: 1410
  • I make ships.
« Reply #161 on: April 04, 2007, 02:26:48 AM »
Nice work guys, this looks awesome.

bsilver2988

« Reply #162 on: April 04, 2007, 09:47:11 PM »
hey...i'm noticing something wierd...is the lightmapping supposed to cast a shadow over a good portion of the ceiling??

Offline crazyhid

• Cookies: 1
« Reply #163 on: April 05, 2007, 09:18:11 AM »
hehe I LOVE this bridge, it was still quik to load, which i think is an amazing feat in its self, the textures are very crisp, and it also damages well when in battle, look at pic below, Ignore the crew in the pic, i think there is something wrong on my end, but absolootly AMAZING work guys, very impressed, im even noticing things that i never realised was in the intrepid bridge before GREAT WORK !! :D now i just cant wait for the ult intrepid now :D Oh also if u dont like the too much smoke/fire look, Its not the bridges fault its one of my own personal fav mods that Gives a more authentic feel when ure close to destruction ;)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #164 on: April 09, 2007, 06:58:59 AM »
In case anyone is having problems with animations not working or floating crew, the following instructions will resolve those issue's. This is a repost from the BP Core thread.

Quote from: MLeo
I think I fixed it.
Somewhere along the line a faulty Bridge Fix (old thing, included in all but the oldest bridges) was introduced.
And you guys simply had the bad luck of recieving it.

I think Mark will put out a new package with it fixed soon, but before that, here's the fix for the faulty file.
Yeah, don't worry if it appears to be exactly the same as the old one, since there is only 1 character wrong.
It goes to scripts/Custom/Autoload, see if that works.

Or atleast, I would, but as you have read (you have, haven't you?) in the announcement, attachments don't work yet.
So here is how to fix it.

First, back up the following file (just a copy and change the extension to something like bck or org, or you could copy it to somewhere other than Autoload or Custom): scripts/Custom/Autoload/000-Fixes20030221.py
Now, open up the file (not the backup), I suppose Notepad will, do but remember to change the file type to All Types, and make sure the extension of the file is py). And scroll to the bottom of it.
You will see this line:
Code: [Select]
if int(Foundation.version[0:8]) > 20030221:Change the greater than sign into a lesser than sign (change the > to a <).
That's it.

Btw, the result is:
Code: [Select]
if int(Foundation.version[0:8]) < 20030221:

The other issue was with the Intrepid, that the animations didn't work.
Go to data/Animations/ and rename the intrepid directory to bp this is case sensitive.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

bsilver2988

« Reply #165 on: April 09, 2007, 03:05:37 PM »
ok i've got a pic of it.  i'm just wondering if this shadow is supposed to be there..cause it looks kinda wierd..and it wasnt on the old Intrepid Bridge.

http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot042rn1.png

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #166 on: April 09, 2007, 04:01:49 PM »
ok i've got a pic of it.  i'm just wondering if this shadow is supposed to be there..cause it looks kinda wierd..and it wasnt on the old Intrepid Bridge.

http://img524.imageshack.us/my.php?image=screenshot042rn1.png

Actually it does look wierd.. shouldn?t be like that. I'll need to check it

bsilver2988

« Reply #167 on: April 09, 2007, 04:42:55 PM »
yea...i mean it shouldnt be that hard to change right? we just gotta figure out which Lightmap it is i'd think.  I cant seem to find what's causing the shadow tho.  is it coded into the NIF?

p.s. - yay..the captain's console works now.  great work guys.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #168 on: April 10, 2007, 05:54:08 AM »
hmm, its not like that for me - anyone else getting that?

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2007, 06:42:58 AM »
hmm, its not like that for me - anyone else getting that?

Neither is like that here, quite wierd.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2007, 07:54:53 AM »
i'm not getting that at all...

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2007, 08:38:41 AM »
i'm not getting that at all...

He got a wierd lightmap issue....
Hsave you uninstalled the previous intrepid before installing the new one? (not that it should happen even that way?)
If so, try removing it and installing the beta again, pls.

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2007, 09:39:59 AM »
Im getting that shadow thing as well.

Also, on the area around the ceilling dome, there appears to be black suares random;y placed, was that intentional?
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

bsilver2988

« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2007, 09:58:47 AM »
i dont think that's directly the issue..but i did have a thought this morning.

anybody remember that version of the intrepid bridge that was released a while back, which included Bridge Plugin red alert textures?  it was kinda buggy, but it worked for the most part.  he also released a Blue Alert version, cause MVAM maps werent available back then.  Now this new intrepid bridge overwrote his old version of it..but what if it didnt overwrite all of the core files, and now they're contradicting each other, and some extra lightmaps are being mixed onto the bridge now?

kinda out there i know..but what do you guys think?

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #174 on: April 10, 2007, 05:34:58 PM »
Im getting that shadow thing as well.

Also, on the area around the ceilling dome, there appears to be black suares random;y placed, was that intentional?

yeh i get that one, but theres only so many times you can go over something before you get annoyed.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #175 on: April 10, 2007, 09:22:53 PM »
anybody remember that version of the intrepid bridge that was released a while back, which included Bridge Plugin red alert textures?  it was kinda buggy, but it worked for the most part.  he also released a Blue Alert version, cause MVAM maps werent available back then.  Now this new intrepid bridge overwrote his old version of it..but what if it didnt overwrite all of the core files, and now they're contradicting each other, and some extra lightmaps are being mixed onto the bridge now?
i dunno; i'm fairly certain that i did have that Intrepid Bridge retexture on my backup install, and then installed the Intrepid v3 over it...  yet i dont seem to have that "shadow" effect... 

(and in all honesty, i didnt even notice the black squares until smeg just now mentioned it lol)

bsilver2988

« Reply #176 on: April 10, 2007, 11:41:30 PM »
hmm..this is wierd.  i'm gonna try reinstalling it tomorrow.  does anybody have any idea how this could happen to only some of us when it appears to be a lightmaps problem?

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #177 on: April 11, 2007, 08:03:08 AM »
The ceiling black spots are vray rendering errors, which happend when rendering the lightmaps.
I usually scan the model for them and fix it, but this one escaped me. Not hard to fix.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #178 on: April 11, 2007, 10:46:46 AM »
*spoilt kid mode* gah ill have a look for it :S

bsilver2988

« Reply #179 on: April 12, 2007, 01:28:49 PM »
ok i've uninstalled the bridge and reinstalled it.  i still get the same shadow across the ceiling.  it takes up more than half of it as you can see from the picture.  could one of the files packaged into the installer be the wrong lightmap?