Author Topic: No Voyager Phaser Sounds  (Read 966 times)

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
No Voyager Phaser Sounds
« on: September 06, 2007, 04:30:48 PM »
From the comments on the recent release of LCs Intrepids pack (including my own) alot of people are expreiencing the problem of the USS Voyager having no sounds play when using its phasers.

Im surprised that no-one else made a tech help thread for this yet today.

These ships is brilliant by the way!
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline moed

• Cookies: 57
  • Star Trekus Fanaticus
Re: No Voyager Phaser Sounds
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2007, 05:11:21 PM »
To fix this issue, open up the HP of a Fed ship in your install that you are sure has proper phaser sounds. Scroll to the entries of any one of the actual phasers on that HP; example: dorsalphaser1 (or something like that).

Continue to scroll through that entry until you see something like: 'SetFireSound("Ambassador Phaser")'

Now, copy the "Ambassador Phaser" part of that entry and paste it into the equivalent entry of the LCIntrepid.py file that is in scripts/ships/hardpoints. Keep pasting for all setfiresound sections of the phaser entries in the LCIntrepid HP.

Save the file once done and you're all set.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2007, 06:44:29 PM »
Didnt work. My phasers are still soundless. I defined a pahser sound I had to all the phaser entries in the LCIntrepid and LCVoyager HPs, deleted the old pyc files but the sounds didnt take.

Also, remember the Vivace tweaks you helped me with a while back? I need help with it again in the HP for the Intrepid, Bellerophon and the Voyager. Only this time, its not so simple as there are 4 sensor definitions in the HPs (Primary Deflector Array, Secondary Deflector Array, Primary Sensors, Secondary Sensors).

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2007, 12:10:12 AM »
Got your PM.

That's too bad about the phaser sounds not working??? I haven't installed my LCIntrepid download yet so I haven't had actual experience with it in fixing the sound problem, (if it arises in my install of course). Whenever I've encountered the problem of no sound - the method I've explained to you has always worked for me without fail... Hmmm, I just don't know except to tell you to make sure that whatever phaser sound you used, be sure that that particular wav file has a properly associated soundpack. If that doesn't work then I don't know what else to tell you. :?

Now for the sensor issue, in order for the sensors to properly show up in the engineering display you have to unfortunately delete (or disable) all of the sensor definitions but 1. The one I would keep is the "primary sensors".

Rename the property "Sensor Array" and rename all the instances below that "sensorarray" (no spaces)

eg.

SensorArray = App.SensorProperty_Create("Sensor Array")

SensorArray.SetMaxCondition(6000.000000)
SensorArray.SetCritical(0)
SensorArray.SetTargetable(1)
SensorArray.SetPrimary(1)
SensorArray.SetPosition(0.000000, 2.050000, 0.250000)
SensorArray.SetPosition2D(64.000000, 10.000000)
SensorArray.SetRepairComplexity(1.000000)
SensorArray.SetDisabledPercentage(0.500000)
SensorArray.SetRadius(0.100000)
SensorArray.SetNormalPowerPerSecond(1.000000)
SensorArray.SetBaseSensorRange(1000.000000)
SensorArray.SetMaxProbes(10)
App.g_kModelPropertyManager.RegisterLocalTemplate(SensorArray)

Notice that the only entry that has a space is the 'App.SensorProperty_Create("Sensor Array")'

Finally, at the bottom of the HP, make sure you have the sensors properly referenced,

eg.

pObj.AddToSet("Scene Root", prop)
   prop = App.g_kModelPropertyManager.FindByName("Sensor Array", App.TGModelPropertyManager.LOCAL_TEMPLATES)
   if (prop != None):

And that's it!

Cheers :D

Offline moed

• Star Trekus Fanaticus
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2007, 12:41:19 AM »
You know what, I just realized that you probably don't have to delete/disable the Primary Deflector Array & Secondary Deflector Array. You only need to delete/disable the Secondary Sensors.

The Primary Deflector Array & Secondary Deflector Array won't affect the Sensor display in engineering.

One caveat: as I mentioned in the last post, I haven't yet had the chance to install this mod yet so if what I just stated above still doesn't make the engineering display show the sensors properly - then disregard these instructions and follow the original ones in the last post.

Offline Billz

• Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2007, 04:54:40 AM »
You know what, I just realized that you probably don't have to delete/disable the Primary Deflector Array & Secondary Deflector Array. You only need to delete/disable the Secondary Sensors.

The Primary Deflector Array & Secondary Deflector Array won't affect the Sensor display in engineering.

One caveat: as I mentioned in the last post, I haven't yet had the chance to install this mod yet so if what I just stated above still doesn't make the engineering display show the sensors properly - then disregard these instructions and follow the original ones in the last post.

I'd rather disable Secondary sensors then try to remove them all together. How would I go about doing this?

Offline El

• Master Hardpointer
  • Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 123
  • Former Vice Admin
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2007, 09:03:25 AM »
Comment out the line at the end of the HP that imports the second array, you will still have to rename the primary array however.