Author Topic: intrepid_ship_pack_part_i  (Read 1014 times)

atoll1

intrepid_ship_pack_part_i
« on: September 10, 2007, 04:17:15 PM »
intrepid_ship_pack_part_i ? The readme states: ?If you have P81's orginial Intrepid installed, you will need to change the phaser sound name in the plugin file, since my phaser sounds are called "Intrepid Phaser" as are P81's. Each one uses seperate phaser sound files, and faliure to change names could cause a conflict in loading the sounds.?

How would I do this? What do I change p81?s file to? Is the intrepid.py hardpoint considered the ?plugin file??

I tried a search of "intrepid_ship_pack_part_i" and "Intrepid Phaser" in this forum, but couldn't find an answer. Thanks in advance...and thanks for having this forum!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: intrepid_ship_pack_part_i
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2007, 05:16:06 PM »
Though one, can you provide links to the mods?

Also, do check out the recently released LC Intrepid, hardpointed for use outside of KM by Zambie Zam.

http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/LC_Intrepid_Pack;82655
Which may just be a better/newer pack without the problem you are currently having.
It also sounds old (older than usual, meaning more than a year, maybe even more than 2 years).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

atoll1

« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2007, 10:52:30 AM »
Thanks for your response :D

Here's the link to the intrepid ship pack i: http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/Intrepid_Pack_1;39398

And thanks for the other link. I think, though, if you take a look at the intrepid ship pack i, it has the additional fun factor of the shuttle (plus a cool rating of '10')!

So my question remains:
1. What is the "plugin file" - is that the intrepid.py hardpoint?
2. What do I change the "Intrepid Phaser" line in p81's intrepid plugin file to?

Thanks again in advance...

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2007, 12:46:24 PM »
I think the first question you should ask, do you have P81's Intrepid installed?

The second question, do I want to invest a lot of effort into something that may mess up my install (untill you fix the resulting BSOD)?

It shouldn't result in a conflict, except that one of the 2 sounds is overriden (whichever comes first is overriden with the second sound).

You would have to change 2 files, the hardpoint (all phaser banks that use that sound), and the sound plugin, which can be in the ship plugin, or in a sound pak file (typo intentional, it's a BCMP thing).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

atoll1

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2007, 01:07:34 PM »
Thank you again for your response MLeo  :D

Yes, I have p81 intrepid installed because it's listed as a requirement for one of the missions I got from ST BC forums. And I'm excited to see the intrepid ship pack i, so I have motivation to go through the (I assume) not too much effort to change the sound file line. I don't have a BSOD right now. I haven't installed the intrepid pack yet. I simply read the readme file that came with it and it said to change that line in the plugin file. So I'm asking here for help for what that means before I proceed....trying to do my homework before I plunge in  :D

Please forgive me: I'm just beginning at this. I take it from your post that the hardpoint intrepid.py is the "plugin file" referred to in the readme? What should I change all "setfiresound" to? e.g., shoudl I change it to e.g., "Akira Phaser" which I see in other hardpoint py files? Would this mess up the other hardpoint/ships?

The readme didn't mention having to change any "sound plugin". Can I just leave it? The readme seems to suggest that all I need to do to prevent any problem is to change the phaser banks that use that same sound in the p81 intrepid "plugin file".

I hope I'm making sense...(it's in the readme in the link I provided above). thank you again in advance for your answers to my question. I hope I just need to replace the sounds in the "plugin file" and get to enjoy both the p81 and the interpid pack versions in my install!

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Software Simian
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2007, 01:56:10 PM »
It may suggest that, but it doesn't make any sense.
This is newer and better, remember (for you anyway)?

I really wonder why the mod author didn't choose a more unique name from the start...
The readme also says that the mod author will guide you through the process, since I find it to strange to be of any help, I suggest you try it with him.
He can be contacted at BCU (he didn't leave any e-mail adress *sigh*).

atoll1

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2007, 02:08:58 PM »
Ok - thank you...I'll try there (I'm having difficulties loggin in there, for some reason, but I'll try) Thanks for your help. Sounds like it's more than just changing the sound name in the hardpoint file.