Author Topic: Looking for a bit of advice / help from an experienced scripter!!  (Read 807 times)

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
Looking for a bit of advice / help from an experienced scripter!!
« on: September 15, 2007, 04:08:42 PM »
Hi folks, I don't often post in this forum, since I'm not much good at BC Scripting. I'm looking for a little help from an experienced BC Scripter.

I've began work on my own custom install and I've already ran into a problem.  :(

WHAT I HAVE CURRENTLY INSTALLED.

1) Fresh Copy of BC.
2) 1.1 Patch.
3) Foundation (BCMI Version).
4) SDT 2.0.
5) Submenu 3.7.

Ships,

6) SNS Galaxy c/w custom HP.
7) SNS Akira c/w custom HP.

THE PROBLEM.

I've been testing the Single Player Campaign, everything goes smoothly until E2M0. The "Saving Game" notice comes up and then you see the warp flash as the Dauntless exits warp into the Tevron System then....

The Game Crashes!!  :x

I've looked through the Maelstrom Scripts, Foundation and the Galaxy HP. I can't seem to find whats wrong...

Please, any help would be greatly appreciated!!  :D

CE

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: Looking for a bit of advice / help from an experienced scripter!!
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2007, 06:00:33 PM »
Did you change the right ship loading (and preloading) settings?
I remember copying the Maelstrom code to create a SNS Galaxy specific campaign, included with the SNS Galaxy, have you looked at that? I don't remember that it crashed.

It does appear that the functions in question are rather robust (the savegame function in MissionLib and the PlayerEntersTevron function), robust as in, no code that could crash.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Glenn

• Starfleet Command
  • Cookies: 190
  • Captain - USS Explorer
    • Captain Elgy's Star Trek Files
Re: Looking for a bit of advice / help from an experienced scripter!!
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2007, 07:54:55 PM »
I remember copying the Maelstrom code to create a SNS Galaxy specific campaign, included with the SNS Galaxy, have you looked at that? I don't remember that it crashed.

I've gone through it once already but it's possible I missed something, I will post again if I find something else.   :?