Author Topic: HUGE BC PROBLEM!!  (Read 1499 times)

archhanny

HUGE BC PROBLEM!!
« on: August 13, 2007, 07:49:28 AM »
sorry to make a new post for such a simple question but can anyone direct me to the .py file that changes the menu and in game menu colours pls, i know its there i just can't find it.

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: KM Colours
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2007, 08:07:28 AM »
I don't think there is such .py file as far as I know Mark did menu mod but I think he didn't change any .py files, tho I can be wrong about this

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2007, 08:25:55 AM »
my assumption would be the mainmenu.py in scripts/MainMenu...

archhanny

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2007, 08:30:33 AM »
no i found it, it was the loadinterface.py in the scriptts dir.
but now i have a massive problem!!!!!!
my BC wont start up!!!
i added this file, then i was playing about a bit trying to change the system which you start in when you load the qbr then it crashed after i tried to change it and now when i go back to get in the game it comes up with
'D3 render creation error, error string from rendered was, 'creation failed: desired fullscreen display mode not supported'

pls help as none of the shortcuts are working and i cant access my BC :(

Offline Nighthawk

• |______[o]_|
  • Cookies: 18
Re: HUGE BC PROBLEM!!
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2007, 08:41:44 AM »
what resolution are you playing on?

archhanny

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2007, 08:55:07 AM »
my laptop is running in 1280x800 and i think bc was running in the 1024x one, but im not sure. but i want messing with the resolution at all thats the wierd thing, is there a config.py i can delete or something?

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 09:04:44 AM »
Look for a file called options.cfg in the base folder for BC. Delete options.cfg and then go into the game to reset everything graphics wise. Its that simple. Happens from time to time for loads of different reasons. Doesnt screw up the game though.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2007, 09:30:28 AM »
Most colours for the interface are in loadinterface.py, some (a couple of buttons) simply can't be changed this way.

If deleting options.cfg doesn't work, restarting the computer does (read the FAQ on this error).
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

archhanny

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2007, 10:47:36 AM »
omg!!! you guys are geniouses, thanx billz i just deleted it and it worked straight up. what causes this problem? is it just a random occurence? cos like i sed earlier all i was doing was trying to change the starting system for qbr?!?!? and then it crashed and caused repeating shadows and then when i tried to load up again it didnt work! WIERD!

archhanny

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2007, 11:26:21 AM »
also i'm curious.... what is the english translation of the latin on the KM loading screen?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2007, 11:33:21 AM »
omg!!! you guys are geniouses, thanx billz i just deleted it and it worked straight up. what causes this problem? is it just a random occurence? cos like i sed earlier all i was doing was trying to change the starting system for qbr?!?!? and then it crashed and caused repeating shadows and then when i tried to load up again it didnt work! WIERD!
Take a look at the FAQ sticky at the top.

I've explained it there in more detail.
It's an old problem (since the first days of BC). There isn't really a (permanent) fix for it.

Also, don't believe that all problems should be fixed with a total clean reinstall!

also i'm curious.... what is the english translation of the latin on the KM loading screen?
"For among (times of) arms, the laws fall mute".
I think that ought to be: "Silent enim leges inter arma" anyway.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

archhanny

« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2007, 01:02:27 PM »
also i accidentally wrote over the stock shield textures (the sphere.tga in the data folder) could someone pls either send me theirs or send me a link to them pls. and if not could you pls recommend the most cannon shield texture out there pls
thanx

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2007, 01:49:49 PM »
you didnt make a backup before overwriting something? :P
this is a link to the shield texture KM uses (it is one of the types of shield textures in the mod)...
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/C2X_Stars_and_Shields;26312

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 04:44:00 PM »
Personally, I think these are better. But you know, its your install so whatever you think is the best one.
http://bridgecommander.filefront.com/file/More_Canon_Shield_Textures;79751
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

archhanny

« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2007, 06:21:09 PM »
i do make regular  backups but this time i accidentally did it, and now i no longer have to kool looking shield textures