Author Topic: DSFX help  (Read 1807 times)

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
Re: DSFX help
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2007, 11:22:11 AM »
wheal im not an expert when it comes to networks but here is whats happening: I have a modem and a router connected to it (obviously). Some times, its never happened with downloads before, When im doing something that requires the internet lets say an MMO I will stay connected for a while, lets say 5 to 10 min and then my connection starts to slow down and suddenly I lose connection. After that no matter what I do it the modem (not the router) will not connect for about 15 min. After that everything goes back to normal.

But like I said this has happened before and usually after about two days of continually trying it suddenly works. So i'll just try again :P
Ah, but, you say it's the modem, but, all your traffic has to go through the router first. ;)
I know that if you have used a lot of connections (such as with p2p and some mmo's) and the router isn't programmed (out of your controll) or doesn't have the hardware resources to handle it, then it won't allow any connections through.

oh and were can I ask that question which I cant ask here?
No where on this website. Warez is illegal and this forum won't help promote it.
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Spartan118

Re: DSFX help
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2007, 12:58:45 PM »
thats not the way I see it. I have 6 cables coming from my router and 3 from my modem. for the modem I have the power, the main cable bringing the data and also a Ethernet cable going to the router. For the router I have the power, Ethernet cable to the modem and then 2 cables going to both PC's in my house, another just like them going to my 360, and another connecting all the phones in the house. So you see the modem is first not the router.

And dont worry about it anymore it finnaly worked without crashing.

oh its illegal? hehe ops