Author Topic: Excalibur Bridge Displaying Wrong Textures  (Read 2119 times)

bsilver2988

Excalibur Bridge Displaying Wrong Textures
« on: July 30, 2007, 11:07:38 AM »
okay so i'm stumped on this one.  I've got km1.0.  fresh install with the 1.1 patch.  My excalibur bridge is displaying the wrong textures on some of the lcars panels.  I'm stunned.  This only happens in BC.  When i load the bridge and textures up on nifskope, the bridge looks perfect.  But two of the screens have the wrong set of lcars textures.  I have no idea what's going on.  Has anybody ever heard of this before? 

I'm at work right now so i dont have the screen shots but i'll post some later. 

Offline Bones

• Cookies: 639
  • SPAAAAAAAAACE !!!
Re: Excalibur Bridge Displaying Wrong Textures
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 11:43:25 AM »
If You were using old Excal bridge then delete it and paste new one again, I had similiar problem, textures were mixed old with new

bsilver2988

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 01:15:16 PM »
no it wasnt that.  This was a fresh install...no installations besides the 1.1 patch prior to installing km1.0.  It has the new textures.  It just displayed the same textures twice instead of doing 2 different ones like it should have.

Offline Mark

• Retired Administrator
  • Cookies: 1797
  • Site Co-Founder
    • ST Excalibur
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 01:27:34 PM »
there should be no textures in the "excalibur bridge" folder, only in the high folder... if the model folder is clean then i dont know what the problem would be.

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2007, 08:08:50 AM »
perhaps the game is not using the "high" setting for maps and is getting nuts?

bsilver2988

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2007, 09:25:34 AM »
idk.  i'm thinking if it wasnt using High, it woudlnt be displaying anything, since the excalibur bridge only comes with high textures.

to be honest i think it's all my fault.  I've been editing the Bridge Plugin file, adding extra texture swapping on the bridge.  everything was going well, until i tried swapping out the Lcars at red alert.  Now they swap perfectly, but the origin textures at Condition Green are the wrong ones.  If worst comes to worst ill take out the swapping code for the Lcars and see if it goes back to normal.

admiral homer

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 04:07:03 PM »
Uninstall it and reinstall bc without the 1.1 patch. I know its not a good idea but i did it by accident but it runs fine. For some reason the new km 1.0 patch does not like 1.1 patch. Hope it works for you

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 04:43:07 PM »
ummmm KM1 works off the BC1.1 patch perfectly lol

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2007, 05:07:44 PM »
Infact, the BC 1.1 patch is required for KM1.0
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

bsilver2988

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2007, 05:35:50 PM »
yea dude..i think you might have gotten that one backwards..thanks tho.

admiral homer

« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2007, 08:04:50 AM »
For some reason i have km 1.0 but i dont have the 1.1 patch installed  and it runs perfectly. I have had it in before with the 1.1 patch and it kept crashing or not running  at all. Maybe it is windows vista

bsilver2988

« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2007, 01:41:40 PM »
well i took out the scripting for the LCARS swapping and the problem went away.  Guess it's just not compatible on the excalibur.  Thanks guys.

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 01:54:58 PM »
well i took out the scripting for the LCARS swapping and the problem went away.  Guess it's just not compatible on the excalibur.  Thanks guys.

Probably because the lcars have more than one texture in each panel and the swapping at the engine does not like it.

Offline Rat Boy

• Cookies: 6
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2007, 12:15:30 AM »
Not sure if this is related, but every time I switch from another bridge to the Excalibur (now my go-to bridge for the Akira), Brex, Miguel, or both vanish.
Writer, Star Trek: Yorktown - A saga of the 23rd Century

Coming soon, I hope

admiral homer

« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2007, 03:52:48 AM »
Lol i had this prob on 0.9 and they are behind the walls. For some reason the exal bridge sometimes uses the positioning from other bridges for the characters. The only way i could fix it was to re-install the mod. Bet you switch from the sov bridge then to the exal

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2007, 07:39:25 AM »
Most likely in a unload-preload error coming from the other bridge then to the excal.