Author Topic: Dominion Wars Bridge Crew TC ** Pic Intense ** Update 06/11/07  (Read 4826 times)

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
  • Cookies: 1077
    • Blackrook32's YouTube Channel
Hi All,

Here is a preview of the Bajoran Militia Bridge Crew. This mod is different, as to allow you to play not only as another crew. But, with name/rank changes in the GUI! This is "NOT" a permanent change. And it is all controlled by mutator. When the mutator is deactivated? You will revert to your normal Bridge crew. This is an extension of the work for the Dominion Wars Mod by Elminster. And the Major Kira update, requested by USS_Sovereign for the DS9FX Mod. When I finished Kira, I couldn't just stop there! :P

From watching DS9 ((BIG FAN HERE)) I tried to approximate crew color uniforms for assigned designations. Like Grey: Command/Tactical, Gold: Tactical/Security, Burgundy: Helm/Science, Teal: Engineering/Technical. Some of the crew names you might recognise, Like Tana Los from DS9's 1st season episode "Past Prologue" and Seto Jaxa from TNG's 5th season episode "The First Duty" and the 7th season episode "Lower Decks". I always liked those characters. I still have some items to clean up on the uniforms. But, I think this is as good a time as any to show a public (work in progress).

Here is the Bajoran Militia crew rouster. . .

* Lieutenant Colonel Korjal Dei: First Officer

* Sergeant First Class Jad Okoram: Tactical/Security

* Lieutenant Seto Jaxa: Helmsman

* Lance Corporal Odan Dex: Science

* Lieutenant Major Tana Los: Engineering

Even though Captain Sisko as the Emissary, made a personal request the Provisional Government to sign the non-aggression pack with the Dominion. Doesn't mean the Bajorans didn't want to play a part, and fight to protect the Bajor and Celestial Temple. So, place your fate in the "Hands of the Prophets". . . Soon, you'll get that chance reenact favorite battles with your "new" Bajoran Crew.

* Edit - 05/06/2007: This thread will include pics from my Cardassian, Klingon, Romulan, and Starfleet Marines as they become available. -BR32

" Fortune Favors the Bold "

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Game Narrator
  • Cookies: 54
  • while(!(succeed=try()));
    • BCC Roleplay Games
Re: Bajoran Militia Bridge Crew TC ** Pic Intense **
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 11:34:40 PM »
nice job, although, I don't remember blue bajoran uniforms, and the security should be more of a tan, rather than yellow

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 11:49:35 PM »
nice job, although, I don't remember blue bajoran uniforms, and the security should be more of a tan, rather than yellow

The Tan color was for the Civilian Militia. With no neck collar. As for the Teal? You might want to check out Rom's uniform when he went to work for the Bajorans. I believe the terrorist who bombed Kieko O'Brien's school was a Bajoran tech in a teal uniform as well. -BR32

Offline eclipse74569

• Roger Smith of the U.S.S. Lollypop, a good ship
  • Webmaster
  • Cookies: 65535
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2007, 12:07:23 AM »
Actually if I remember correctly it was more of a grey color than it was teal.  And Tan is also correct for the Security.

Looks good so far though!
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return, to obtain, something of equal value must be lost.  That is alchemy's first law of equivalent exchange.  In those days we really believed that to be the world's one and only truth~Alphonse Elric

bsilver2988

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2007, 01:57:49 AM »
jw..why isnt this in the bridges section?

Offline tiqhud

• BCFiles File Poster
  • Cookies: 1067
  • San Francisco Shipyards (HPer) file manuiplater
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2007, 08:13:02 AM »
Looks good , it's nice to play as a different crew at times
TiqHud
you sir, are unable to strike, the port or starboard parts of hull , of a bovine storage facility.
Canon , what people argue exists, that doesn't really  exist.
It is all the little details, that cause headaches.
"Never judge wealth with Money"
'Intelligence has Nothing to do with Politics'
it is Late, Do you know where your Towel is?

Offline MLeo

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 833
  • Software Simian
    • the Programming Pantheon
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2007, 08:36:13 AM »
I think I need to get a beta of BP Uniforms ready. :lol:
Though, v1 is sort of ready, I want to see if I can get submenu's to work for that.
If I can't, oh well, then that's something for a v1.1...
I still can't read peoples minds, nor can I read peoples computers, even worse, I can't combine the two to read what is going wrong with your BC install...

"It was filed under 'B' for blackmail." - Morse, Inspector Morse - The dead of Jericho.

Offline Legacy

• Retired Staff
  • Cookies: 1566
  • Praetor of the empire.
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2007, 08:45:41 AM »
jw..why isnt this in the bridges section?

It is now.

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2007, 02:58:30 PM »
Roms was teal with gray shoulders.

Offline Shinzon

• Cookies: 9
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2007, 03:55:46 PM »
great work BR!

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2007, 12:56:37 AM »
Thanks for moving this to the right forum LC :P

I "really" appriciate all the comments so far. For the sake of "canon", I'll make a civilian militia/security uniform. Including a "Odo" character as a mutator choice. And I'll change the color of Tactical uniform to be more tan. Also, switching the Teal sleeves out for the Grey on the Engineer/Tech's uniform. But, I will keep the style (neck collar) of the tactical uniform to reflect the uniform Militia as whole. -BR32

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2007, 03:38:45 PM »
I think the Bajoran Militia was supposed to be their "military" in the first place, I don't remember ever seeing "real" military on the show.

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 05:23:30 PM »
I think the Bajoran Militia was supposed to be their "military" in the first place, I don't remember ever seeing "real" military on the show.

After 50 years of the Cardassian occupation of Bajor. You think they would allow the Bajorans to have a vital military stance? Bajor was a planet raped of all natural resources. As for never seeing "real" military? "The Circle's" military coup (different color uniforms shown). Or, when the Militia was out in force, looking for the remnants of the Shakaar resistance cell- (different color uniforms shown). When the Bajorans traded for Karemman Battlecruiser tech? (Bajoran Bridge - different color uniforms shown) Which was used in a showdown with the Romulans trying to establish a military base on Derna. If, the Bajorans had a viable starfleet from the start? The Provisional Government would have never petitioned for Federation Membership.

That's why I made this mod, for all the DS9'ers out there. So one can have a choice, extending the Pre and Post Dominion Wars senarios. Next up, is the Cardassian 7th Order Mod. This has four custom Cardassian Females canon to DS9. I made few years ago. With an animated replacement for Kiska called "Miyal". :P -BR32

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 07:21:50 PM »
awesome!!!  :D

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2007, 01:26:13 AM »
I think I need to get a beta of BP Uniforms ready. :lol:
Though, v1 is sort of ready, I want to see if I can get submenu's to work for that.
If I can't, oh well, then that's something for a v1.1...

LOL- If I can get you on MSN this weekend, I'll send you a copy ;)

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
Re: Dominion Wars Bridge Crew TC ** Update **
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2007, 07:10:13 PM »
Here is a preview of the Cardassian Bridge Crew TC. As with the Bajoran Militia TC, this mod will have a custom crew. But with Cardassian Military rank info being very limited. I tried to fill in the gaps under the level of "Glen" By adding "Tal" equivalent to Ensign, and "Thane" equivalent to Lieutenant. This ranking "Glen" was first observed in the TNG episodes "The Wounded" & "Chain of Command Pt.II". After "Glen", I just worked my way up to Gul and Legate. Using three grades for each the stated designations. It's not canon, but there it is. A working Military hierarchy.

For you TNG and DS9 fans, some of the names will sound familiar. One is an actual character name. But I'll let you figure it out. Here are eight pics of the Cardassian Crewmen from the seventh order. . .

* Gul 1st Class Marik Matan: First Officer

* Glen 2nd Class Tekimi Osset: Science Officer

* Glen 1st Class Valen Tomarr: Tactical/Security

* Tal 1st Class Jilora Madrid: Helmsman

* Thane 1st Class Danu Otal: Chief Engineer

One important fact. This mod has "custom" Cardassian females, not just the Helmsman :P -BR32

Offline Billz

• Cookies: 45
  • Doctor who? ;)
Re: Dominion Wars Bridge Crew TC ** Pic Intense ** Update 05/30/07
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2007, 07:20:35 PM »
Mutator control?

Please?

Great work.
Can't wait for 2014 to start.

Offline JimmyB76

• Cookies: 421
« Reply #17 on: May 30, 2007, 07:25:07 PM »
awesome BR!!!  :)

Mutator control?
with MLeo's Uniform Menu List, there wont be a need for mutators ;)

Offline Blackrook32

• BC Files Admin
  • Vice Administrator
« Reply #18 on: May 30, 2007, 08:08:54 PM »
awesome BR!!!  :)
with MLeo's Uniform Menu List, there wont be a need for mutators ;)

@JB76: This mod does come with it's own mutator. As for MLeo's Uniform Menu List? I'm sure a use can be found for this. But you would think "some" people like the person who posted above you? Would read the entire thread. Before asking a redundant question? -BR32

Offline ACES_HIGH

• BCC Roleplay Games
« Reply #19 on: May 30, 2007, 08:09:27 PM »
very good, although the green lips and spoon on the females is a bit too bright, on the show it was more of a blue